"The Muppets" first preview screening

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I know you mentioned it regards to Jason/Amy that the film is indeed the Muppets' movie but still were there any parts where you felt it got a little human-heavy? One of the biggest weaknesses of the Sept 09 draft was that the first 10-15 minutes were mostly Walter/Gary/Mary with no actual Muppet sighting (save for photographs and the like) til about 15 minutes in - did this aspect of the beginning get fixed?
Was the script leaked online or did you obtain a copy the way you normally obtain copies of scripts? I know that a draft was reviewed by Tough Pigs and another website (I think it was Ain't It Cool News), and I wonder if you saw the same draft as those reviews did.

Reason I ask is that I've seen a few posts from you where you mentioned Bobo having a big part in the script, and in one of the script reviews it said that Pepe was the only post-Muppet Show character in the script (obviously not counting any new characters). Considering that I would have thought Bobo would have been mentioned in the review, though I wonder if that website was aware that Bobo is a post-Muppet Show character and not created for this movie.

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
Are there any classic Muppets songs in the film? For example, TMS theme, "The Rainbow Connection", "Mahna Mahna", etc... Thanks!!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Are there any classic Muppets songs in the film? For example, TMS theme, "The Rainbow Connection", "Mahna Mahna", etc... Thanks!!
I think it was previously confirmed that many classic Muppet songs would be featured.

TSSD

Reaction score
Reason I ask is that I've seen a few posts from you where you mentioned Bobo having a big part in the script, and in one of the script reviews it said that Pepe was the only post-Muppet Show character in the script (obviously not counting any new characters). Considering that I would have thought Bobo would have been mentioned in the review, though I wonder if that website was aware that Bobo is a post-Muppet Show character and not created for this movie.
Wasn't Bobo in one of the trailers, as a henchman of Chris Cooper's character?

dwmckim

Reaction score
Was the script leaked online or did you obtain a copy the way you normally obtain copies of scripts? I know that a draft was reviewed by Tough Pigs and another website (I think it was Ain't It Cool News), and I wonder if you saw the same draft as those reviews did.

The thing is i don't know if the script that was reviewed by TP or AICN is the same draft i have; i think mine may have been a later draft (but still an early one) I would also think they would have caught Bobo was post-TMS if he was in the draft they were looking at.

Edited to add: yes - my draft is a later copy than the one that the sites reviewed. It's dated later than the reviews were published and it doesn't have the scene with the two Muppet executives introducing the film as The Greatest Muppet Movie of All Time.

j3h

Reaction score
I too have read _A_ draft of the script which is prior to the shooting script.
It had Bobo, but not Deadly. Quite a few scenes and plot points matched up to footage from the trailers, but the celeb cameos do not. (this draft was prior to the Disney purchase of Marvel and had a great Bale as Batman scene with Gonzo).

Taylor

Reaction score
Question for Hiho2themuppets:

I love all of the muppet characters but I am also a huge miss piggy fan and I have been really concerned about how she will behave in this movie.

Is she more like old school piggy or modern piggy (I'm hoping old school like she was in The Great Muppet Caper)? And did she get to wear some great costumes?

Also in general do the muppets keep their irreverent sense of humor that they are famous for?

Reaction score
Question for Hiho2themuppets:

I love the all of the muppet characters but I am also a huge miss piggy fan and I have been really concerned about how she will behave in this movie.

Is she more like old school piggy or modern piggy (I'm hoping old school like she was in The Great Muppet Caper)? And did she get to wear some great costumes?

Also in general do the muppets keep their irreverent sense of humor that they are famous for?
If I know the answers, can I answer too? I admit, I'm new to this forum and my muppet knowledge isn't anywhere close to many of you here, but I can try to help answer anything.

:smile: