Spierigs OFF POTDC

ryan19

Reaction score
Hello all , is there any news on Power of the dark crystal ? any info would mean alot , thanks .

JMPrater

Reaction score
I am simply SHOCKED at the standstill this film continues to be at. I barely even care enough to write here anymore. What the heck is going on at OmniLab or Henson?

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Somebody, quick, ring the bells, the heart's freezing over!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I am simply SHOCKED at the standstill this film continues to be at.

I'm shocked that anyone's shocked that Henson can't get a single project off the ground. They NEED a leader desperately, and they need a partnership with a big enough film production company so that they can actually make the stuff they plan on making.

Seriously... with three films in constant standstill production, I still don't see why the cheapest, easiest option (Happytime Murders) doesn't get all the focus and attention. if nothing else SOMETHING would be done.

JMPrater

Reaction score
The Jim Henson Company is probably the biggest joke in the business these days. The only reason why The Muppet Movie was made is because die hard fans with major star power decided to produce their own movie. Henson on their own would have NEVER been able to get a film of that scale off the ground by themselves.

Power of the Dark Crystal is dead in the water, and they just won't come out and say it. I'm curious if the Spierig Brothers have spoken about their departure, the hows and the whys, etc... At this point, I'm just entertained at Hensons blatant incompetency.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Jim Henson Company is probably the biggest joke in the business these days. The only reason why The Muppet Movie was made is because die hard fans with major star power decided to produce their own movie. Henson on their own would have NEVER been able to get a film of that scale off the ground by themselves.

AND Disney. Disney has Disney money! Something tells me Disney wanted to make a Major Muppet project, but it was Jason Segal and the rest who twisted their arms to make their own script. So, star power producing, star power production company.

Henson isn't so much a joke as much as they don't have the money, power and vision to get anything off the ground themselves, and NO ONE wants to partner up with them. Look at Fraggle Rock the movie. That's not being made just because of Henson, that's not being made because of Weinstine. And I needn't have to repeat that they are POORLY managed, sat on the script, needed to find an additional partner, and basically wanted to throw the original writer/director under a bus to make the film more edgy.

Then Hoodwinked 2 came out... a film they kicked off the same writer and director, a film they hired outside people to screw around with the script, then they sat on it a year after it was completed, a law suit by the film's animation studio and half production company took place to get it released, and it was dumped in the middle of April when no one wanted to see it.

Would you want to business partner with anyone that thinks that's a good idea?

Again, if Henson wants to get a film off the ground, FR or DC are NOT good choices. Why? They're too expansive. There's too much, the projects are both too vast and ambitious, and will definitely need the money to go with the huge sizes. They have a perfectly good low budget potential cult film that could get them noticed, and even that's on the back burner. Heck, a Puppet up style sketch movie that plays just at the same art theaters that play Spike and Mike would clean up in college towns.