CinemaCon Presentation?

hoopless

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but as the link below will tell you "Disney also impressed with footage from Thanksgiving family film The Muppets, starring the iconic puppets"

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/jason-segel-amy-adams-present-172421

Surely some lovely professional bootlegged this. I want footage!
Keep your eyes peeled and ears to the ground, fingers crossed something will surface.

hoopless

Reaction score
Just found that myself thanks. I found this too

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/cinemaconnews.php?id=75744

apparently there's classic songs mixed in with the 4 new ones and Segel and Adams (at least) will be at comicon later in the year.

I just want to see some video immediately or sooner though. Just a little teaser so I know it's not a dream lol. And also to reassure me that it won't be a nightmare (positive thinking hat on)

Drtooth

Reaction score
A few thoughts...

The interview is a MUST read. I can't stress that enough.

The video interview says something brilliant about being jaded. They wanted NONE of that, and they denounce how easy it is to feel that way.

and here's something for anyone going to Comic-Con... Amy spilled the beans that they just might be there... I can't go, there's no way I could, but anyone going there may be in for a real treat.

As for the 4 songs... I'm wondering if there were more that were cut. Nice to see some classic songs, and I hope they're all catchy and wonderful. There's something missing the last several times they did original songs... but again, I'd rather have them sing meh original fair than sit around to pre-existing music they don't even sing to.

MuppetMusings

Reaction score
The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, The Muppets Take Manhattan, The Muppet Christmas Carol, and Muppets Treasure Island each feature 7 primary musical numbers. So 4 new songs plus 2 or 3 classics sounds about right (4+3=7). And we've already heard that "Rainbow Connection" and "Mahna Mahna" are in.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, The Muppets Take Manhattan, The Muppet Christmas Carol, and Muppets Treasure Island each feature 7 primary musical numbers. So 4 new songs plus 2 or 3 classics sounds about right (4+3=7). And we've already heard that "Rainbow Connection" and "Mahna Mahna" are in.
At one point Segel said there were 10 to 12 songs... I assume most of those are just snippets of classics, but even that is fantastic and will make for an awesome, awesome soundtrack.

dwmckim

Reaction score
I actually prefer if there are songs but not too many. If there's too much songs, it can slow things down and make you feel like everything's coming to a halt for everyone to sing (MCC is especially prone to this) and takes away time from other great stuff. Of course some songs can be brief moments rather than fullscale three minute plus production numbers. One of the "classic songs" is used in a really cool way though in the earlier draft i've seen, it's not like they sing the whole thing, but it will definately be a cool callback.

Drtooth

Reaction score
At one point Segel said there were 10 to 12 songs... I assume most of those are just snippets of classics, but even that is fantastic and will make for an awesome, awesome soundtrack.
Yeah, or like in MCC, some of the songs were cut out during production. And it is true that too many songs can stop a movie cold. I don't think that was too much of a problem with TMM (though Never Before and Never Again slows the film down at that point in the movie a little), GMC used them all in very snappy ways to fit with the pacing (the pool number does tend to go on a little bit)... but definitely that song between Scrooge and Belle stops the movie cold in MCC... and I hate to say this about "Celebration" from MFS since it was the ONLY song that the Muppets actually sang, but it seems to be there to be there.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Yeah, or like in MCC, some of the songs were cut out during production. And it is true that too many songs can stop a movie cold. I don't think that was too much of a problem with TMM (though Never Before and Never Again slows the film down at that point in the movie a little), GMC used them all in very snappy ways to fit with the pacing (the pool number does tend to go on a little bit)... but definitely that song between Scrooge and Belle stops the movie cold in MCC... and I hate to say this about "Celebration" from MFS since it was the ONLY song that the Muppets actually sang, but it seems to be there to be there.
See, I'm in the minority that I actually love "When Love Is Gone" in MCC. It does slow down the movie a tad, but I think it's a beautiful song (maybe because I'm a big Paul Williams fan I'm biased...).

MelissaY1

Reaction score
A few thoughts...

The interview is a MUST read. I can't stress that enough.

The video interview says something brilliant about being jaded. They wanted NONE of that, and they denounce how easy it is to feel that way.

and here's something for anyone going to Comic-Con... Amy spilled the beans that they just might be there... I can't go, there's no way I could, but anyone going there may be in for a real treat.

As for the 4 songs... I'm wondering if there were more that were cut. Nice to see some classic songs, and I hope they're all catchy and wonderful. There's something missing the last several times they did original songs... but again, I'd rather have them sing meh original fair than sit around to pre-existing music they don't even sing to.
Well, again I hope this movie proves me wrong, because while I won't sit here and say that everything post Jim has sucked, cause it hasn't, after Muppets From Space, I am very skeptical about how another big screen Muppet film is going to pan out. Because so far I am just not excited about this movie coming out.

I wonder if as the movie gets closer to release they will be doing promotion at the other comic cons around the country. I know there's the BIG one in California, but NY Comic Con has a huge turnout every year and this year it's going to be in October (about a month before the film comes out), so I'm hoping they'll do an all out promo tour for this.