Have the exclusives jumped the shark?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Vaudeville Statler and Waldorf 2-pack will be released this summer at Wizard World Chicago and through the Palisades Collector's Club. These should be fantastic figures.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
The Vaudeville Statler and Waldorf 2-pack will be released this summer at Wizard World Chicago and through the Palisades Collector's Club. These should be fantastic figures.
Yeah that will definately be a S4/S5 highlight next to Pepe and Koozebane Kermit.

Now if only Palisades should realize they should sell these retail wise as a two pack(weve seen the wedding two pack, figures look great in this setting)

Sell em for $14.99, I think these would sell better than selling S & W seperated.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
The Vaudeville set is a 2-pack of them both. They are separated in the actual Series release in 2 different blisters. Gotta be that way. How else are we going to be able to make 2 beautifully-detailed Victorian Gentleman's chairs for them to yell from?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think the Tux versions are great ideas. It's a way to offer cool limited edition figures to hardcore fans while getting a lot of mileage out of the sculpt to help sustain the line. I don't think anything has jumped the shark yet. One could make a case for the megas, but nobody's seen them in person, so that call can't be made. I am looking forward to Mega Animal in hopes that he will sell enough to justify a Mega Pepe someday.

grail

Reaction score
i wouldn't say they've "jumped the shark" at all. what Palisades has done is create a very vocal fanbase for their figures. i'm sure they have data (can't say "figures") that shows some of the lengths to which fans have gone to get some of these figures. this is information that can be quite useful if you're trying to sell a company like Wal Mart or whomever on the concept of carrying Muppets. if you can say "look how well these sold, and this is just one cross-section of people", then that can definately be an effective tool...especially if they then make an offer to sell them an exclusive of their own to carry.

that, and they're just cool, too.

MikeBatesmen

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
The Vaudeville set is a 2-pack of them both. They are separated in the actual Series release in 2 different blisters. Gotta be that way. How else are we going to be able to make 2 beautifully-detailed Victorian Gentleman's chairs for them to yell from?
Excellent!!

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
People keep mentioning a MEGA Pepe...you do realize a MEGA Pepe would only be about 7 inches tall! Not big at all!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
(measures 7 inches) Hmm, that is kind of small. I'm not going any further! LOL!

Would still be cool to have.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
People keep mentioning a MEGA Pepe...you do realize a MEGA Pepe would only be about 7 inches tall! Not big at all!
I didn't even think of that. I assumed a Mega Pepe would be the same 13 inches tall. I guess that would be like life size! I can't wait for mega animal because he was such a cool regular figure. How are the mega's decided? Do you just go by playset because the first 3 expected megas are the first 3 playset figures.

Also, about the tux thing, I like the tux thing. I didn't at first though, but it has grown on me. I do think that if a Tux Fozzie is made it should have some quirkyness. I like the idea of black swim flippers. Maybe if they are removable some how too. It would make a great accessory. And if a Lew tux figure was made he would need a fishy tie. Kermit was cool and Rowlf looks cool and so do Bunsen and Beaker. I think that the next Tux figure made should still look classy, but muppet classy. just some ideas since none have even been made yet, that I know of anyway.