Funniest moments?

tutter_fan

Reaction score
What do you think were the funniest moments on any TV show that Jim Henson made?

I'll give you a few of mine:

I thought all the Guy Smiley shows on SS were funny!
Any of the B&E sketches were hilarious!
Anything Grover did was hilarious!

Yorick

Reaction score
Right on!
SS Guy Smiley always, SS Grover with Fat Blue or Simon The Soundman always, TMS episode part where they all believe they can fly, the part in Great Santa Claus Switch where one of the characters played by Jim tells a few jokes, and SS when Grover and his horse are in the desert and Grover sees a mirage!

Skekayuk

Reaction score
The bit in the documentary OM&M when the Muppeteers were attempting to record that gargling fish number, ... "Uh Oh she's drowning."

Xerus

Reaction score
In Sesame Street:

The one where Grover finds an empty telephone booth and all these monster cram into it shouting, "AN EMPTY TELEPHONE BOOTH!"

Guy Smiley wanting to take pictures of some animals, but his loud voice kept scaring them away.

In the Muppet Show:

I liked the skit where a completely hairy guy goes in for a haircut. When the barber finishes, his shop is completely covered with cut hair and the guy underneath all that hair turns out to be a tiny little speck.

When the Swedish Chef tried to get a squirrel for his stew. He started shaking the tree shouting, "Coom doon Squirrelie!"

Son of Enik

Reaction score
Frank Oz was such a master of improv...there's a moment on one of the Old School sets where Frank is performing as Bert, and one of the kids keeps grabbing at him and Bert says' "What..." (there's more I'm just drawing a blank) and it's obvious to me now as an adult that Frank simply didn't panic and just reacted to the situation. It's been a while since I watched that segment, but I roll every time I do.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I forgot that the Muppet newsflash skits were hilarious!