Well, It Has Happened

MikeBatesmen

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
...second auctions with any kind of reserves cheese me off intensely. O never bid on anything if there is a reserve.
Amen. If you're so set on a price, why not start the bidding there? Or just under it? I had a friend try to explain the benefits of a Reserve, but he really didn't do a good job.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
***? Now this one may very well irk me. Hm...well, it ain't me, I can tell you that.
Yeah we know:wink: Just givin ya a hard time. That definately wasnt your ebay account...

Though...very few of us would have any reservations abou tyou selling one on the QT...I mean an easy $612 times whatever youd wanna sell is definately a nice chunk of easy change!^_^

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
The money is tempting (believe me-- I know that!) and it's one thing to be okay with a friend selling an extra, but selling your own one-of-a-kind special wedding favor on eBay would just be tacky-- IMHO. I've got a box in the basement of leftover wedding favors (no where near as cool as Ken's, of course) and I know I'll never do anything with them, but I wouldn't sell 'em (if they were worth anything) and I won't throw them away.

Michael Crawford

Reaction score
Detective work?

I just got around to reading most of this thread...hey, I've been busy! But I just wanted to mention that it might have been quicker to just see where the photos were being hosted - Plan B Toys website. That narrowed the field a bit at least ;-)

Ethical to sell? I gotta agree with Ken on this one - it's their property, so ethically or morally (the big guns) it really is their choice.

Tacky? That's a different story. If you only got one and you sell the only one you have, their are likely to be extenuating circumstances. If you got more than one, I'm betting the reason you took it was specifically to sell it, and that brings with it a whole 'nother set of questions.

There are big sins and little sins. I think it was on the tacky side to sell it, but this isn't one of those sins that deserves burning in **** for all eternity. More like bad toy karma for a little while.

Michael
MWC

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
I see where some might consider it tacky...but I don't. I actually am glad that one of their girlfriends got some cash. (It was one of their dates who listed it through their eBay address) The way I see it, if they get that money and they go do something cool or have fun with it, in some weird way I look at it as a continuation of the fun we had that night. Is that odd?

Michael...nice review of Image 10th. I am hoping to pick up those. About Spawn...are the shoulders ball joints inserted into that chest joint? Might need to take a closer look at how sturdy that joint system is...

Luke

Reaction score
Y'know Ken, i actually kinda hope (unless you are ever in a situation where you NEED to sell them) you keep those extras you have. How cool will it be to give one to your kids or grandkids on their wedding day and say their dad or grandad made that. I bet they'd be pleased as punch ! :wink:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
And if not to give them to kids one day, at least you have some gifts to give folks who get married. Sure, it's sorta funny to give them a gift with your name plastered all over it, but still...think what they could buy with the money after they ebay the thing.

At least a couple of dozen toasters, or 6 blenders, or 2 microwaves. Towels galore...the list is endless. ESPECIALLY if they shop at a dollar store.

Just pickin'

Luke

Reaction score
Oooooh yeah - that'd be 612 items at a dollar store ! WOW !!!!

You could probably buy the store even ! :eek: