Bad Guys/Villains we didn't root for

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In a lot of movies and series it seems like fans often root for the main enemy of the production, sometimes preferring the bad guys (or gals) over the good. But what enemies are there that we just don't cheer at?

Some of the baddies I don't care more about include...
  • The bad guy from The Wedding Crashers. Forget his name... The one girl's boyfriend, who constantly beats up Owen Wilson's character. I feel for the "good guy" there (hard to tell if the stars are really the good guys or bad guys).
  • The Zooks from The Butter Battle Book. I guess the Zooks aren't really more-or-less bad than the Yooks, but they (or at least Van Itch) appear to be wickedly evil (though I usually enjoy those kinds of villians). But most of the story is focused on the Yooks, who I think are supposed to represent the readers country/nationality/whatever. And they always seem to one-up the Yooks, always being able to have a bigger and more powerful weapon (though the ones at the end are pretty much equal).
  • R.J. Fletcher from UHF. Though I do feel sorry for him when his station's license gets revoked by the FCC at the end.
  • Coach Red (or whatever his name is) from The Waterboy.
  • The villians from Blank Check (though is the bank owner really a bad guy? He mainly went along with the main villians plan because the main villian threatened the lfie of his family, and I think he purposely didn't replace the marked bills... and yet he still went to jail with the others).

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Jim Carrey's Cable Guy.
Doc Hopper.
That's all I can think of at the moment.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah Doc Hopper, I would agree and Rachel Bitterman from It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie. White Goodman from Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story also.

This is a bit of a tough thread actually... the only person I can think of who roots for villains is Nostalgia Critic (if you haven't seen his Top 11 Villain Songs vid, DO)... then you also got the villains, or the anatagonists that you "love to hate".

McFraggle

Reaction score
In a lot of movies and series it seems like fans often root for the main enemy of the production, sometimes preferring the bad guys (or gals) over the good. But what enemies are there that we just don't cheer at?

Some of the baddies I don't care more about include...
  • The bad guy from The Wedding Crashers. Forget his name... The one girl's boyfriend, who constantly beats up Owen Wilson's character. I feel for the "good guy" there (hard to tell if the stars are really the good guys or bad guys).
  • The Zooks from The Butter Battle Book. I guess the Zooks aren't really more-or-less bad than the Yooks, but they (or at least Van Itch) appear to be wickedly evil (though I usually enjoy those kinds of villians). But most of the story is focused on the Yooks, who I think are supposed to represent the readers country/nationality/whatever. And they always seem to one-up the Yooks, always being able to have a bigger and more powerful weapon (though the ones at the end are pretty much equal).
  • R.J. Fletcher from UHF. Though I do feel sorry for him when his station's license gets revoked by the FCC at the end.
  • Coach Red (or whatever his name is) from The Waterboy.
  • The villians from Blank Check (though is the bank owner really a bad guy? He mainly went along with the main villians plan because the main villian threatened the lfie of his family, and I think he purposely didn't replace the marked bills... and yet he still went to jail with the others).
I would agree with all of these.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I really like most of the villians from the Muppet movies, even if I don't like them enough to want to see them win.

There are some bad guys who I like better than the stars, like Boris and Natasha, Dr. Evil, many of the 1980s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles villians (particularly Krang), some of Darkwing Duck's enemies (Megavolt, Quackerjack, Steelbeak), King Koopa, Dick Dastardly and Muttley, Wile E. Coyote, and some others. And I often want them to win.

And there are other villians I like but usually don't root for. For example, I like Elmer Fudd better than Bugs Bunny, but I usually don't want him to defeat Bugs Bunny (there are the occasions when I feel sorry for him, most of which are in non-Bugs cartoons like Doggone People).

And there villians who I root for in addition to rooting for the good guys. Like Mr. Dittmeyer in The Brady Bunch Movie. When watching the movie I cheer more for whoever is the focus of the scene... One minute I want Mr. Dittmeyer to get what he wants (the Brady's to lose their home so he can turn the neighborhood into a mall), the next I want the Brady's to be able to keep their home, and back and fourth and so on. I feel the same way about the bad guy in Happy Gilmore (and coincidently, both movies invovle somebody in danger of losing their home due to not paying taxes for so many years, and both came out a year apart).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh wait, I just happened to think... Sweeney Todd seems to have a HUGE following, particularly amongst emos and girls.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
The bully from Drillbit Taylor; it was so frustrating to watch the entire movie, seeing this guy make life a living heck for the two main characters in the movie, and getting away with it. When he finally got his "just-desserts" in the end, I felt relieved.

Another is Edna, the guard from Reform School Girls. Wouldn't want to be around her, especially during that part when she chased after someone's kitten and stomped it to death! :eek:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Eric Knox from Charlie's Angels (the 2000 movie) was a creepazoid, lol.