Mes where Ernie didn't get any sleep

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
Usually in E&B nighttime skits, Ernie gets more sleep while Bert doesn't get any but occassionally he didn't get any sleep. Here's a list of those times. The 2 part skit where the Count sleeps over at the apartment and keeps Ernie awake all night by counting and turning him into a counting zombie! Animals in My Bedroom. Ernie tries counting backwards. But I Like You. Cookie Monster's Nightmare. Ernie Stops and Thinks. Nighttime Drum Experiment. Ernie sings a lullaby to Bert. Eating Cookies in Bed. The Blackout. The Thunderstorm. Counting Sheep, Fire Trucks, and Balloons. Ernie sleeping over at Big Bird's nest.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What about when Bert was visiting his grandmother, and Ernie was having trouble sleeping, because Bert wasn't there to tend to his needs (like getting him a glass of water), so he calls Bert on the phone... and stays on the line with him...

"What do you mean 'Why me?', Bert?"

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
Actually Ernie was getting ready to fall asleep while counting sheep and Bert was visiting Bart in that skit.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I doubt this was an actual skit, but in a Season One skit with Ernie and Lefty, Lefty mentions the possibility of Ernie not being able to sleep because he can't remember what the first letter in the word "Up" is, while Ernie later explains that he actually did have trouble sleeping the night before, because he couldn't remember what the first letter in the word "Vegetable" is.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder if all those times should count. With few exceptions, Ernie isn't really having trouble sleeping, and seems to have a much less desire to sleep than Bert does. Ernie keeps Bert up, but isn't the real tired one.

Though I wonder why Bert always wants to go to sleep when they normally do. It's not like he has to get up in the morning to go to school or work... He very well can sleep in just about every day.

Seems like this thread was supposed to be titled "Times where Ernie didn't get any sleep", as opposed to "Mes where Ernie didn't get any sleep". Interesting that the M in "Mes" was capitalized, if it was an error.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I was actually just going to ask Muppet Frog what the word "mes" meant. LOL