Slightly Possible Muppet Convention?

emberfire

Reaction score
So.....I e-mailed the Puppeteers of America, and got an answer back. Here it is:

"The effort to organize a festival begins several years in advance for us. Currently, we
are committed to a Puppeteers of America festival in Atlanta, Georgia for 2011.

Beyond that, I know of no other festivals that we are organizing. Any PofA national festival
has to be approved by our Board of Trustees who analyze the proposals, budgets, etc., etc.

I can say that we are always interested in hearing from people who might like to organize and host
(or propose) either regional or national festivals. Most of our festivals do have a 'theme.'
Jim Henson and the Muppets have been close to our hearts and certainly the interest is there.
Jim and his family have been members of PofA for years and have been extremely supportive.

I am going to forward your email to John Scollon, our Trustee in charge of Future Festivals. I am sure John would be interested in talking to you about your idea.

Thank you for getting in touch."

This is exciteing :big_grin:

Luke

Reaction score
I think what it comes down to is if you want to do primarily Jim Henson or The Muppets, if its Jim Henson there are many doors that can possibly be opened, if its The Muppets you'd better start negotiating now and it might happen in 2020 :big_grin:

Saying that, there have been many screenings and talks organised by the legacy and Dave or Steve have been there with their Muppets so as i said, if you do something legacy connected (especially if you did have the backing of the P of A) there is the possibility of some crossover but you couldn't just use that to make it a Muppet convention.