Your Thoughts: MC’s 12th Birthday

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Happy 12th birthday Muppet Central! This site would be nothing if it weren't for all you crazy people. :wink: The fans are one of the best parts of Muppet Central, so this is your birthday too!

And I am so proud of my Kermie (Phillip) for all that you do. I see how much love you have for this site and how dedicated you are to making it the best it can be and I love you for that. It's been a long and wonderful journey to make with you and I'm looking forward to many, many more Muppety moments to share with you, our two boys, and all the fantastic Muppet fans that make Muppet Central their home.

Now, did someone say cupcakes? I'm waiting for mine! :mad:

dwmckim

Reaction score
I consider you one of the greatest minds Ive met not just on MC, but online period in my 15 years of being on the internet:smile:
Whoa - that's some pretty lofty praise there - i'll be sure to remember that the next time i accidentally pull the wrong side of the car up to the gas station pump...

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
oo ooo!

I remember the Muppet Central chat room!

Does that make me cool?

dwmckim

Reaction score
Well, if you asked ME, your screen name makes you cool! (Hee hee) Remembering the chat room just seals the deal! (Bonus points if you remember Jerry Nelson in the chat room)

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
Well, if you asked ME, your screen name makes you cool! (Hee hee) Remembering the chat room just seals the deal! (Bonus points if you remember Jerry Nelson in the chat room)
I totally did a double take when I saw your siggy and was like, God, that link I have in my siggy, I don't even remember having that site! LOL I thought I just hadn't updated my signature in ages.

Random story: I once told one of my friends that his screenname was uncreative as it was just his first initial, last name. He countered saying mine (muppetfreak) was uncreative. I countered with "Mine would be only be uncreative if my name were Marla Uppetfreak!" This, of course, become my nickname for a while.

I am an old time member but I stopped being active when I worked for Sesame and now I am mostly a lurker. Trying to get back into the groove. I do not remember Jerry Nelson in the chat! How'd I miss that?

Gratuitous Skeksis bc he is awesome: :scary:

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Wow. 12 years? That's staggering. And I came to online Muppet fandom in Jan. 2000, so it's a 10-year anniversary for me!

Congratulations, Phil and Cindy, and everyone else who have put such hard work into this site over the years. Keep it up!

And, now, just because I'm not here that often, I'm going to post with several little Muppet smilies. LOL!

:wisdom::insatiable::search:

Nick22

Reaction score
yay for 12 years of MC! jeesh. MC is almost as old as me! :eek:

happy birthday MC! :smile:

matleo

Reaction score
I remember first logging onto the old Delphi forums for the very first time from our college library in the summer of 1998. A lot has changed since then for the Muppets, the website, and of course for me personally.

During the years that followed college I was fortunate enough to discover that one of our members was also a neighbor in my first apartment. He remains to this day a dear friend and trusted confidant. Another former forum member was responsible for helping my wife find her first teaching job after being laid off fro ma previous employer.

As a Muppet fan, I've been fortunate enough to meet many of the people behind and under the Muppets and even had the chance to watch a few of them work. They are truly an amazing and talented group of people and I hope that we are fortunate enough to enjoy their work for many years to come.

oh, and one other thing that's happened in the last 12 years...I've finally crossed that magical border known as "senior membership". Yes, it's taken me 12 years to get here but this post marks my 1000th posting. Happy birthday MC! And I hope that in 12 years I will be sharing my 2000th post.

--Matleo

morthimmer

Reaction score
Happy birthday! I've discovered this great site some years ago and was like to find a treasure for my muppet style life. Thank you for everything. And my wishes for this 2010 are the last two seasons of TMS on DVD and after that whatever thing will be welcome.