The Broken Puppeteer's Arm

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh man, sorry to hear about your arm, Fozz! I don't have any experience, but would definitely say, do as the Dr says, take your time, and I hope you'll be back to normal in no time.

Bea:zany:{Normal?}regard

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
What is this word you speak of? This "normal?" What a peculiar term...

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Bummer Kevin, I hope your arm heals well and fast! Drink extra milk :smile:

I broke my arm(s) a few times as a kid. While I was in a cast, I tried my hand at using my left arm (pun intended...). I actually got pretty good with it, and also managed to beat my sister at badminton left-handed!

Good luck!

Melonpool

Reaction score
I tend to use my left hand to puppeteer at Comic conventions. While, I'm not as good as with my right hand, I think it's a good skill to develop if you're both a a cartoonist and a puppeteer.

Why? It's really hard to sign books with a puppet on your hand!

Hope you're feeling better, Kev. If anything, use this time to write material when you do get your cast off.

Steve

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
Thanks for encouragement and advice. It's going to take some real learning to get my left hand to do good art. Left handed puppetry is okay. Any other notes to add are welcome.

Oh no! Im sorry to hear that Kevin! Thats horrible! Im sure though you shouldnt have any trouble getting it back to 100% I think the key is just physical therapy, like its been said before. I heard swimming is good for building strengh back (after you get the cast off and the OK from the Dr.) My cousin did that with and arm they deemed paralyzed from an accident, and its just about at 90- but that was WAY more than the DR ever said it would be! (and Im sure your injury is not nearly as bad) Think of it as an opportunity to become ambidextrous till your arm is all better! then youll have a new skill out of it and it would not be a loss of time at all!

Hope you feel better soon! Can I virtually sign your cast?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I've always done left-handed puppetry, but no left-handed writing or drawing.

9 more days and then I might get out of the full arm cast and into a short-arm cast. Virtual signatures are welcome, although I do fear electrical shock.

By the way, I am writing the script for a live Muley show held in June at Tikicon in Ohio.