Will there be a CD collection for Sesame's 40th anniversary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Well since this is Volume 1, i would imagine the plan is to release a lot of the old albums from the early years while at the same time making all new albums and re-releasing albums that were from Sesame's previous record labels (as they've been doing beforehand). The 40th anniversary celebration gives them a "reason" to dig back into the vaults and put out the classic long forgotten and/or inaccessible stuff.

And wow! I can't believe that Bert and Ernie's Sing-Along is actually getting a cd release - i NEVER thought that would happen! My review of this album was one of my very first posts on Muppet Freak where i declared it the Coolest Sesame Street Album of All Time.

http://muppetfreak.blogstream.com/v1/pid/381426.html
Not anymore. I just got an email from Deep Discount DVD that the products have been discontinued by the manufacturer. I preordered the CDs from them. Anyone else receive this as well?

Son of Enik

Reaction score
This is truly fantastic news, as my old vinyl copies of these albums will not play anymore.
About 2 years ago, I posted a thread about the possibility of a Sesame Street Karaoke collection. As a DJ and Karaoke host (who plays a lot of kid's parties) I would love to see this happen. Sound Choice karaoke DID put out "C is for Cookie", "Being Green", "Rubber Duckie". "Sing", "I Love Trash" and "ABCDEF-GHI-JKLMNOP-QRST-UVWXYZ" shortly after I made my case, but I would love to see more of the classic songs on karaoke and perhaps Koch is the label to do it. I would love to get up and sing "Telephone Rock" or "Going for a Ride"...am I alone on this? Anyway, thank you to Koch for reissuing 3 of the classic albums...hopefully more is coming!

MelissaY1

Reaction score
This is truly fantastic news, as my old vinyl copies of these albums will not play anymore.
About 2 years ago, I posted a thread about the possibility of a Sesame Street Karaoke collection. As a DJ and Karaoke host (who plays a lot of kid's parties) I would love to see this happen. Sound Choice karaoke DID put out "C is for Cookie", "Being Green", "Rubber Duckie". "Sing", "I Love Trash" and "ABCDEF-GHI-JKLMNOP-QRST-UVWXYZ" shortly after I made my case, but I would love to see more of the classic songs on karaoke and perhaps Koch is the label to do it. I would love to get up and sing "Telephone Rock" or "Going for a Ride"...am I alone on this? Anyway, thank you to Koch for reissuing 3 of the classic albums...hopefully more is coming!

Koch is no longer putting these out. I received an email from my preorder for these CD's from Deep Discount CD.com saying they have been discontinued by the manufacturer.

Son of Enik

Reaction score
D' oh! I still wish SOMEONE would put Sesame music on karaoke.

sesameguy

Reaction score
Koch is no longer putting these out. I received an email from my preorder for these CD's from Deep Discount CD.com saying they have been discontinued by the manufacturer.
Argh! Very sorry to hear that. Any kind of classic Sesame St. album release would be welcomed by many of us old-school fans. Our only hope is that maybe they just need more time. We'll see.

Drtooth

Reaction score
With no reason, I'm guessing... man. Really. To think they could have done this sooner if they didn't rerelease stuff we've already had at a snail's pace.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Argh! Very sorry to hear that. Any kind of classic Sesame St. album release would be welcomed by many of us old-school fans. Our only hope is that maybe they just need more time. We'll see.
Yeah I would love to upgrade the albums I have on vinyl and the ones that were coming out in this canceled set, I only had the Bert and Ernie one. Never owned the other two so I was looking forward to it. Oh well, yeah hopefully it's some kind of contractual thing that's holding things up and it will come out when the time is right.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Never say Never....

It wasn't canceled at ALL! It was just delayed for a long period of time.

Tough Pigs has the lowdown and the cover art, which goes perfectly with the OS DVD sets.

sesameguy

Reaction score
Yay! Good to know these are on the way. Thanks for letting us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.