The New Movie: The Muppets

tymardis1

Reaction score
I don't like how disney just sat aside the muppets then suddenly all the muppets are coming back. I think it's good they brought the muppets back, but I wish they would have never sat the muppets aside, and tried life television.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Thanks, DW! You just made my day, possibly my year!

Anyone seen which other monsters have been rebuilt? (Or where to find the interview with Cooper in which he mentions Uncle Deadly?)

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

beakerboy12

Reaction score

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder if the Toy Story short will include any Muppet toys. It'd be cool if some of the Palisades Toys were included (of course back when Palisades was producing Muppet toys I thought it'd be cool to see them in Toy Story 3... But I wonder if the time has past for such a reference).

With the characters Gary, Mary, and Walter being Muppet fans, I wonder if Gary or Mary will be more conserative as fans, or less of fans than the others. Somehow I could see Mary only liking the Muppets because Gary does, or perhaps Gary not being as big a Muppet fan as he used to be, only going along with the plan to reunite them because of his friendship with Walter. And I noticed that the plot summary at Muppet Wiki referred to Walter as "the world's biggest Muppet fan", with Gary and Mary referred to as his friends... So it'll be interesting to see if Gary or Mary aren't really the Muppet fans they seem to be made out to be.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I wonder if the Toy Story short will include any Muppet toys. It'd be cool if some of the Palisades Toys were included (of course back when Palisades was producing Muppet toys I thought it'd be cool to see them in Toy Story 3... But I wonder if the time has past for such a reference).
I doubt it. This is a series of Toy Story shorts and isn't really connected to the Muppet movie in anyway. There's another Toy Story short coming out with Cars 2 in June and then the rest will probably be shown on Disney Channel or something.

That said, this is the first time a Pixar short has been teamed with a live-action feature. On a non-Muppet related note this could be a sign of more shorts before movies if the Lamp has more of these film-based shorts coming.

SeanC

Reaction score
As a big fan of the full-bodied Muppets, I'm absolutely delighted that Thog has been rebuilt. Couldn't stop smiling for ages after I saw the photos. He looks a bit taller and maybe a bit thinner than he used to, although I'll wait until I actually see the movie to call judgement. Now, if only Doglion and Fletcherbird would appear too... then I might just start weeping in joy.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
With Jerry retired, I wonder who'll perform him.
I wonder if Matt Vogel will perform Uncle Deadly, since Vogel is now already performing a lot of Jerry's characters.

Either that or maybe Jerry will loop Deadly's voice (if he can still do it, that is).

Either way, we probably won't know until the release date gets closer.