Toy Story 3 Teaser Trailer released

Drtooth

Reaction score
I checked out the comments on the profile page and there are a few people who think it's just a PIXAR fan with too much time on their hands.
You'd have to have a MAJOR league heavy duty professional grade video editing and distorting software to be able to do any of that... not to mention the fortune it would take to make a single plush toy prop. No... Pixar's smart. I will say the Japanese version of the commercial wasn't quite as chameleon as this one was, as the "anime" looking freeze frame looked off (I agree with one of the comments... American's just can't ape a true anime look, no matter how hard they try... plus it needed to have a splash of Doraemon and Tensai Bakabon to really be authentic)... and they wouldn't have used such a simple text font in the commercial. But the American one would have fooled me if I didn't see it on Yahoo when I checked my mail.

Plus.. well... the toy DOES have the distinct Pixar look to it. But this is even better than the DEAD ON Clutch Cargo spoof that came with the Incredibles DVD.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Plenty of Japanese commercials were pretty sedate in the early years. Check out this one for Nintendo's Color TV Game systems from the early '70s.
Oh... I know they're sedate. Not all of them have floating heads, monkeys or Doraemon... I've seen plenty ones that are just like this one. But there's some real subtle stuff I was able to see through. I tend to think while calling him -chan is correct, -kun would have worked better and more authentically. But I give them credit for trying.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I checked out the comments on the profile page and there are a few people who think it's just a PIXAR fan with too much time on their hands.

It was a really good idea from someone in the marketing department.
What's MUCH funnier than that is that they are some people who swear that had that Lots "O" Hugging Bear when they were a kid. :smile:. Basically getting caught in a lie. Course some of them are just kidding by saying that. But still it's pretty funny.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That said, there SO is going to be a Lots-o-huggin' bear released at some point. Toy Story is the very definition of a toyetic movie.

That said, I kinda wish the PEZ assortment featured the duck that was used to build that mutant duck with pecks and a spring thing from the first movie (Quacks?)

Fluffets

Reaction score
Updated

Wow I haven't been on this thread in a while and I just got updated!

That ad works rly cleverly, I rly don't know how they do it!

If they did this with a film no one could tell it was modern-made!

Truly amazing craftmanship in the video, those guys at
Pixar/ Huggin Toys are amazing! :smirk: :smile: :big_grin: