Minor Muppetz' TMS outline: Bea Arthur

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Enjoy this outline, taking place in the fifth season. I had thought of doing a Bea Arthur outline yesterday as a tribute, and today kathy26 sent me a private message suggesting one, so here it is.

Cold Open
Bea Arthur asks Pops for directions to a better theater, and Kermit shows up, tells Pops that the guest star cancled, sees Bea Arthur, and ropes her into being a guest star.

Introduction
Kermit introduces the pigs at the beach.

Opening Number: We'll Sing in the Sunshine
Annie Sue Pig leads the pigs in a song at the beach.

Balcony
Statler and Waldorf prefer to sing at night.

Muppet Sports
Louis Kazagger observes the sport of "Bomb Hot Potato", where several whatnots toss a lit bomb at each other. Eventually, the bomb falls into Louis Kazagger's hands, and he explodes.

Backstage
Kermit asks Bea if she's ready to go on, but she can't believe how violent that last sketch was. SHe then notices a lot of other violence: Marvin Suggs chasing Muppaphones with his mallet, The Swedish Chef shooting at chickens, and Gonzo riding a motorcycle backstage. She can't stand all this violence, and when kermit says "Cut the violence!", Luncheon Coutner Monster takes a pair of scissors and cuts a violin. When Kermit says that he said "violence" and not "violins", the monster cuts some violets,

Song: I've Been Working on the Railroad
Beauregard, Fozzie, and the jugband sing while working on a railroad. Eventually, a train coems and runs them over.

UK Spot: Moonlight Bay
The Penguins sing Moonlight Bay while on a rowboat. The boat eventually sinks.

Balcony
Statler and Waldorf comment on the boat, and eventually the balcony springs a leak, causing them to sink.

Introduction
Kermit announces that it's "guest star time", and introduces Bea Arthur in "a peaceful little sketch".

Sketch
Bea is a librarian, and scolds Fozzie for laughing loudly at joeks in a jokebook, at Animal for playing the drums in the library, and Crazy Harry for causing some explosions. Then Miss Piggy come sin, complaining that she wasn't cast as the librarian. When Bea tells her to quiet down, Piggy gives her a karate chop.

Balcony
Statler: Well, so much for a peaceful little sketch.

Song: Who Wrote the Book of Love?
The penguins sing at the library. At the end, the bookshelf that was behind them falls onto them, as Sweetums had accidently pushed it over.

Backstage
Bea is even more annoyed at all the violence in the show, and remarks "all I am saying is give peace a chance!" Kermit then gets an idea for the closing number, and has Scoote rintroduce it.

Introduction
Scooter introduces the closing number.

Closing Number: Give Peace a Chance
Bea and the Muppets sing in a cornfield.

Goodnight
Kermit and Bea are joined by Fozzie, Miss Piggy, Beauregard, Annie Sue, and the penguins.

Pug Lover

Reaction score
Very well done.I really enjoyed that.

Bea Arther's dislike to violence throughout your outline gives an indication of her offscreen personality.
In real life Bea was a gentle quiet person.Nothing like her tough loud spoken TV persona.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Bea Arther's dislike to violence throughout your outline gives an indication of her offscreen personality.
In real life Bea was a gentle quiet person.Nothing like her tough loud spoken TV persona.
And I had no idea of her dislike for violence.

kathy26

Reaction score
can you list the performers who perform in this outline please?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The penguins are performed by Dave Goelz, Richard Hunt, Jerry Nelson, and Jim Henson.

kathy26

Reaction score
which muppets appear in the closing number?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Hmmmm.... How about Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, Rowlf, a couple of generic male pigs, Bubba, Zeke, Gramps, and Rizzo?

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
S'been two years since Bea Arthur died. RIP, angel. <3 :cry:

Stan Davis

Reaction score
hi minor muppetz do you were the performers that performs these muppets in your outline
Pops
Kermit
Annie Sue Pig
Pigs in the opening number
Statler and Waldorf
Louis Kazagger
Marvin Suggs
Muppaphones
The Swedish Chef
Gonzo
Luncheon Counter Monster
Beauregard