Creating a Puppet Comedy Troupe

CrazyHarryFan

Reaction score
Has anyone thought about creating a webpage (or a sub topic here) where people could all make plans and get together and do random Puppet Improv?

Sort of a Puppet Comedy Troupe, a Puppet group where everyone is invited and you could do it state by state - for people that wanted to.

I am involved in Poetry slams here locally, what about a Puppet Slam?

Just seems like a GREAT way to meet people locally, wherever you are....... I have found exactly ZERO Puppeteers locally. I sure wish I could find some in my area.....

:grouchy:

CrazyHarryFan

Reaction score
Wow. I am a bit let down. 40 some odd people read this and no one commented.

:frown:

sniff sniff, tear tear

Da Dogster

Reaction score
Puppet Improv

Has anyone thought about creating a webpage (or a sub topic here) where people could all make plans and get together and do random Puppet Improv?

Sort of a Puppet Comedy Troupe, a Puppet group where everyone is invited and you could do it state by state - for people that wanted to.

I am involved in Poetry slams here locally, what about a Puppet Slam?

Just seems like a GREAT way to meet people locally, wherever you are....... I have found exactly ZERO Puppeteers locally. I sure wish I could find some in my area.....

:grouchy:
I would I enjoy ablibbing with one of my puppets to Who's Line is it any way style.

mike short

Reaction score
Hey man, I'm in NYC and I have a puppet improv troupe. But I'm primarily an improvisor. Good improv means a lot to me, so I like to remind people that there's a lot more to improv than just games you see on WLIIA? You should check out and see if there are any improv groups in your area, I'd bet they'd love to be connected to a really good puppeteer.

Good improv is all about having fun, being truthful, and getting a groovy group mind agreement going on. I can offer up some suggestions, but if you can structure a show to be conducive to those ideals then you're well on your way.

Cannibal

Reaction score
I think this sounds like a cool idea.
I'm way too far away and way too inexperienced at puppeting to be of any use in that regard.
But, I do have web space and experience running forums if you need some help in those areas.

Nick22

Reaction score
that'd be cool, but there's no way i could go. my parents were say no. and plus, im very inexperienced

mummytomb

Reaction score
Some of you are saying that you are inexperienced, yet sketch comedy and improv groups all over are using the puppets without you. They are good improvisors, but lousy puppeteers. This may be the experience you've been looking for to call yourself "experienced."