Happy Fraggle 20th Anniversary!

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
My God...20 whole years.

The messages and overall importance of Fraggle Rock still shines bright in my mind. It is my favorite Henson show, and definitely something that I will hold close to my heart forever. The sheer thought of Fraggle Rock's greatness is overwhelming to me. I am sometimes brought to tears just thinking about the love and warmth encompassed within 96 30-minute episodes.

There are a lot of bad things in this world. There are so many negative words used angry people, hateful actions and gratuitous stupidity that tears people apart. When Fraggle Rock plays, all of that melts away. There is nothing but good attached to Fraggle Rock. My life has truly been bettered by Fraggle Rock.

So, Happy Anniversary Fraggle Rock! My the world be cleansed by your sentiments, delighted by your silliness, joyful in your songs, and educated by your messages.

-Matt

SamEagle

Reaction score
Fraggle Rock has ben an amazing show since the start and I'm glad its there 20th anniversary. My favorite all time episode was the Preacifiction John

Foodie

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Apparently Palisades shopped the idea of Fraggle Figures and Dark Crystal figures to a lot of different retailers and there was no interest. If there were DVDs or the show was in syndication they would definitely have more of a chance. The Fraggle characters really would make spectacular figures! And the sets! Cool stuff!!
Yup. It's kinda painful looking at the new Muppet figures ( now that I own a few of them ) and seeing how perfect they're made. If they did the fraggles like that... they'd be exactly as I'd always dreamed them to be. Oh well. Wish the Henson folks would get up off their cracker and put the fraggles on DVD. All 96 episodes that is. :smile:

Nick

Ian

Reaction score
Happy Anniversary, Fraggles!

To Gobo, Red, Boober, Wembley, Mokey, Travelling Matt, Doc, Sprocket, Junior Gorg, Ma and Pa Gorg, Marjorie, Philo, and Gunge (and everyone else down in Fraggle Rock): ....

THANK YOU!

Fraggle Rock is my favourite J.H. show...

KPrell

Reaction score
Wow!

Thanks to everyone for all the appreciative words. I told the Fraggle cast and crew to check out the messages here and look at Jamie's glorious Fraggle menu! Wonderful work Jamie! I'm glad people are getting a chance to enjoy it a bit longer.

Everyone who worked on Fraggle Rock is thrilled and grateful that so many people enjoy the show. It's proof that doing something with quality and integrity can be worthwhile.

Let's hope that it won't be too long before a new generation will get a chance to discover Fraggle Rock.

Thanks again to Muppet Central and Fraggle fans around the world for keeping the magic of Fraggle Rock alive.

And thank-you, Jim.

Yahooo!!!

Karen, Red and the cast and crew of Fraggle Rock.

sidcrowe

Reaction score
Karen----

Well, I guess that answers my question as to whether or not you're still reading the thread :smile:

Thanks, Karen :big_grin:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Glad you like the menu, Karen. Rarely does a show these days bring the knid of joy that Fraggle Rock did to all of us. I wish someone would bring it back.

tomahawk

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Glad you like the menu, Karen. Rarely does a show these days bring the knid of joy that Fraggle Rock did to all of us. I wish someone would bring it back.
Bring Fraggle Rock back....................... Thats the best thing I've heard in a loooooonnnnngg time.

Wembley

Reaction score
Originally posted by KPrell
Wow!

Everyone who worked on Fraggle Rock is thrilled and grateful that so many people enjoy the show. It's proof that doing something with quality and integrity can be worthwhile.

Let's hope that it won't be too long before a new generation will get a chance to discover Fraggle Rock.

Karen, Red and the cast and crew of Fraggle Rock.
All I can say is "Wow!" too!

Even today, I can pull out an episode on tape, place it gently in my VCR and almost forget that its all puppets etc. Even today, the show seems fresh and current. (I really don't know how to say it, but you know what I mean)

You say that hopefully it won't be too long before another generation will get a chance to discover Fraggle Rock... This is taking place now! I stopped by Blockbuster and, what did I see, but Fraggle tapes! (The 1993 re-release) I am amazed now to see how many people even know of Fraggle Rock considering HBOs limited penetration back in 1983... Think of how many people would watch now with the number of people that have HBO today - or even if it were to make it onto Nickelodeon or Disney again.

To all the cast and crew - Thanks!
-Rick "Wembley" Miller
..."You can NOT leave the magic!"
(P.S. - Red was one of my favorites! Don't tell anyone...)

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
Originally posted by Wembley
Even today, I can pull out an episode on tape, place it gently in my VCR and almost forget that its all puppets etc. Even today, the show seems fresh and current. (I really don't know how to say it, but you know what I mean)
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean! It's like when you look back at most 80's cartoons. They are SO completely dated, and so 80's and while we enjoy that nastalgia, it's not really that good. But Fraggle Rock is ageless! Although it's also a nastalgia trip, it's also something I could see first being put on the air now, and it would still be as popular.

That's just how great Fraggle Rock is!

^_^ Debo