My First Youtube Puppet Video

ploobis

Reaction score
Hey Friends,

I just did my first Puppetry Video on Youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1nxV0-i6h4

My puppet was lip-syncing to one of my favorite Fats Domino songs. I also had a little help with my Brother and good friend with this video. :smile:

Check it out and tell me what ya think about it! :wink:

Enjoy,

Jesse AKA Ploobis

P.S.

The Pink Puppet was a Puppet I got from Ebay years ago and the Sax playing Puppet I got from a flea market years ago.

Blink

Reaction score
I loved it! The music was perfect, the puppet movements were simple but entertaining.

As a bit of a critique (I realize you didn't ask for one so I hope I do not offend you).

I would like to see the camera (the framing) zoomed in a little tighter. That would hide the puppeteer at the bottom right even better.

I thought the sax player was cute, but I would have liked the puppet to have been closer to the piano and perhaps play with the frame a bit more. Move from one side to the other at least once.

But like I said. The overall effect is great. These are just suggestion, not mistakes. Super work!

ploobis

Reaction score
I loved it! The music was perfect, the puppet movements were simple but entertaining.

As a bit of a critique (I realize you didn't ask for one so I hope I do not offend you).

I would like to see the camera (the framing) zoomed in a little tighter. That would hide the puppeteer at the bottom right even better.

I thought the sax player was cute, but I would have liked the puppet to have been closer to the piano and perhaps play with the frame a bit more. Move from one side to the other at least once.

But like I said. The overall effect is great. These are just suggestion, not mistakes. Super work!
Thank you for your kind words. :smile:

My brother was playing the Sax Player Puppet and did the editing of the video, He's not really a puppeteer like me but he's good with computer programs. And my friend was playing my puppet's hands.

The bottom right corner of the screen didn't really bother me as much. We shot this video with my brother's laptop camera. We didn't stand up while preforming this, We were on our knees.

Before we made this video I never knew there was a computer program where you can watch your self on the computer.

Anyway, Thanks for liking my video. :smile:

Jesse AKA Ploobis

wes

Reaction score
Dude that was awesome, Love it. makes me wish i would have never given my lil' paino a way.

Did you make the main puppet it pretty cool!

ploobis

Reaction score
Dude that was awesome, Love it. makes me wish i would have never given my lil' paino a way.

Did you make the main puppet it pretty cool!
Actually, I got that Pink Puppet from Ebay a few years ago. And I got the Sax Playing Puppet from a flea market years ago.

If ya go to my myspace and check out my pics you can see pictures of puppets that I did build with my Grandfather.

www.myspace.com/jesseoliver1

I'm glad you enjoyed my video, And thanks for leaving a comment on it on Youtube.

mummytomb

Reaction score
Nice!I would try to hide the arms and paint the sax gold. It looks great! The manipulation was great and worked well with the energy of the piece.