New Mindstyle stuff at ComicCon

Crystal

Reaction score
Wow I have only just found out about these peices from minstyle but they look absolutely amazing! Especially the skeksis it look excellent. I don't love the Jen and Kira it is nice but I still prefer my Sideshow dolls no matter what anyone else says!:scary: Still I would probably be tempted to buy them. I LOVE that Skeksis! Well done Lazlo, the face sculpt looks perfect!

Does anyone have any information about when these will be released? I really want that Skeksis!

Laszlo

Reaction score
I LOVE that Skeksis! Well done Lazlo, the face sculpt looks perfect!

Does anyone have any information about when these will be released? I really want that Skeksis!
Thank you so much! :smile:
You should ask MINDSTYLE directly.
Here is the last info I got from them: "We're now here in China overseeing our expansion.
Yes, we have been waiting on the Henson Company.
Our business department is still waiting on approvals to move forward.
Will keep you updated as we should have final word in the next few weeks. If you notice, none of our products have been released from the company."

pain

Reaction score
Man, I have been away for a bit!

Laz, that is your Skeksis sculpt that is going into production?

Pending approval of course!

I saw that thing as SDCC, and I nearly passed out. One of the best representations of anything DC that I have ever seen.

If and when this thing comes out, he is going to be sitting right next to my Aviva prototypes.

Laszlo

Reaction score
I saw that thing as SDCC, and I nearly passed out. One of the best representations of anything DC that I have ever seen.

If and when this thing comes out, he is going to be sitting right next to my Aviva prototypes.
Hey, thank you! Glad you like him ! It was really a labour of love and I hope it shows.
You have all Aviva prototypes? WOw! I only have Jen and Kira. Did you make photos of em?

Fizzgig1977

Reaction score
Skeksis

Wow thats replica is truely stunning. I hope it does come through to production. Laszlo they should hire you to create the puppets for the new film. I hope when the marketing people at Henson see the Skeksis they make a special note to contact you on a wonderful sculpt. I will deffo buy this regards of cost. I can't wait for the mindstyle Jen & Kira statue either. Shame Fizzgig was missing tho. He could have been peaking out from behind Kira's feet.
Laszlo would you consider making a Fizzgig sculpt to the same standard as the Skeksis?
The only Fizzgig merch I can find is a poor quality plush by Toy Vault.
I would really love a movie quality replica of Fizzgig

Laszlo

Reaction score
Laszlo would you consider making a Fizzgig sculpt to the same standard as the Skeksis?
The only Fizzgig merch I can find is a poor quality plush by Toy Vault.
I would really love a movie quality replica of Fizzgig
Thank you!
Yes, I would love to have a good Fizzgig too. You're right the Toy Vault Fizzgig is quite disappointing.
However I'm not sure how to make Fizzgig right, as sculpted fur doesn't look right IMO. And finding real fur just like the original seems difficult. Any fur experts here?

Fizzgig1977

Reaction score
Hi Laszlo, I've actually made a Fizzgig about two months ago, but he ended up bigger then I thought. I'd never made any soft toys before and I don't think its very good to be honest.
I'll take some pictures tonight, but I don't know how to or even if you can load pictures on to the forum?
I got my fur from an ebay seller in Israel, took some finding but it is closer in colour to the movie than the Toy Vault one.

kuzeh

Reaction score
So, whatever happened to these?...
I don't see any info on Mindstyle's website...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I know. Has their license expired? It appears that the Henson licensed are up for bid again. I'm thinking MindStyle bungled it.

cabbageheat

Reaction score
Wow, those sculpts, to me personally,looked horrible. Getting the clothing/props right seems to be easy, but when it comes to "sculpting" the gelflings...it is very hit or miss. And this, for me, was a miss. Very ugly. When you get them wrong...wow, do you get them wrong. But I would agree with the other statements, that the props and clothing look great, but they need to go back to Froud's wife, and just have her make some more. Everyone else who attempts it just doesn't get it right.