Sesame Place Walk-Around Costume Evolution

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yes. But they didn't look a whole lot different. Not quite the same distinction between an earlier Mickey Mouse Walk a Round, and a more current one. But definately the makings of a walk a round suit have gone through more advancements.

I'd say the Current Grover is similar to the current Grover puppet design, for one. He has the same matted fur.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Ah, I miss Sesame Place. The only time I ever saw any Honker costumes there was one show that had an orange honker trying to get a picture of a rare butterfly.

SesameStreetGuy

Reaction score
WOW, most of those songs were definitely taken and altered from the SSL shows around that time, such as Big Bird's ABC's, and BB's Sesame Street Story. Wonder why, they did this around the mid 90's as well there with the 'Ring around the Fun', and 'You and me at Sesame' Shows

So correct me if I am wrong where all those songs originally came from...

Hello-Big Bird's ABC's
Me Feel Great-Big Bird's ABC's
Clap your hands?-? this might be an Sesame Place one?
C is for Cookie(Camel, Casa, and Cactus)-BB's Sesame Street Story
Laughter Song-Big Bird's ABC's...def. altered
Come on and Count-BB's ABC's/Let's Play School
It's Alright-?
Ernie's dancing Worm song-?
On Bert's Farm-Let's Play School

Than two shows in the mid 1990s did something very similar, took and altered alot of songs from mid 80s/early 90s Sesame Street Live tours and combined it into a mini show at Sesame Place, the two shows were 'Ring Around The Fun' and 'You and Me At Sesame'...

If I remember correctly
'Ring around the Fun' had...
-Let's Play School(song)
-Whatta Whatta Name Game
-Safety Signs
-Come on and Count
...there were a few others I don't recall

'You and me at Sesame' Had....
-Elmo Can Do That
-Me Feel Great
-Hip To Be Square
...and others that I don't recall.

I guess those type of shows were chosen and made for budget reasons, and those songs were fun and dancable for the performers, somehow it kind of makes sense.

SesameStreetGuy

Reaction score
WOW, most of those songs were definitely taken and altered from the SSL shows around that time, such as Big Bird's ABC's, and BB's Sesame Street Story. Wonder why, they did this around the mid 90's as well there with the 'Ring around the Fun', and 'You and me at Sesame' Shows

So correct me if I am wrong where all those songs originally came from...

Hello-Big Bird's ABC's
Me Feel Great-Big Bird's ABC's
Clap your hands?-? this might be an Sesame Place one?
C is for Cookie(Camel, Casa, and Cactus)-BB's Sesame Street Story
Laughter Song-Big Bird's ABC's...def. altered
Come on and Count-BB's ABC's/Let's Play School
It's Alright-?
Ernie's dancing Worm song-?
On Bert's Farm-Let's Play School

Than two shows in the mid 1990s did something very similar, took and altered alot of songs from mid 80s/early 90s Sesame Street Live tours and combined it into a mini show at Sesame Place, the two shows were 'Ring Around The Fun' and 'You and Me At Sesame'...

If I remember correctly
'Ring around the Fun' had...
-Let's Play School(song)
-Whatta Whatta Name Game
-Safety Signs
-Come on and Count
...there were a few others I don't recall

'You and me at Sesame' Had....
-Elmo Can Do That
-Me Feel Great
-Hip To Be Square
...and others that I don't recall.

I guess those type of shows were chosen and made for budget reasons, and those songs were fun and dancable for the performers, somehow it kind of makes sense.

wiley207

Reaction score
The costumes they have used for Sesame Street Live and Sesame Place haven't changed much in looks since 1980, IMO. But if you wanna see REALLY different-looking costumes, look at the ones they used on the "Holiday on Ice" sketches (Bert dreaming of skating, Big Bird teaches Snuffy how to skate, Bert teaches Betty Lou how to skate, and of course, the ice-skating scene from "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street.")

I'm always interested at seeing how costumed characters change in appearance. The Donald suit the Disney parks use now looks like THIS:
http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2004/06/09/image622139x.jpg

But when I saw Donald Duck at Disney World back in 2000, his costume looked like THIS:
http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/6810...FD823EFD41CFD976AA27A77EFF52A284831B75F48EF45

And here's an older Wile E. Coyote costume from a Six Flags theme park, this pic dates back to 1994.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e384/ckornack/Six Flags/WileE94.jpg

But NOW we've got THIS:
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e384/ckornack/Six Flags/Wile05.jpg

Redsonga

Reaction score
Hmmm... The New one seems to suit his cartoon features more then the original.
The old one frightens me :confused:
The funny thing is other than the skating walking sesame characters I was always scared of all the walk arounds :stick_out_tongue: