Muppet theme party ideas and items needed

dislp38

Reaction score
HI,
I'm looking for make a muppet theme party. I don't want sesame street -- no elmo, no cookie, no big bird. This a party for adults.

I'm looking for food ideas :sing:and
decoration ideas:big_grin:

I thought there was a Kermit cake pan... perhaps I'm wrong:smile:

Any ideas are welcome.

dislp38

Reaction score
that's good!

I was thinking of a good kermit themed cake too!:smile:

wombat woman

Reaction score
Are the people you're inviting raving lunat---, er, I mean, devoted fans of the Muppets, or merely innocent bystanders that you are springing this upon?

If they are fans, you could make up games like Muppet Name That Tune (presuming you have some Muppet music available) or Muppet charades or Muppet pictionary.

If innocent bystanders, you could do something silly like Pin the Arms on Pepe (which wouldn't require a lot of background knowledge).

As for the cake--do you have a cake/baking supply store anywhere near you? (Ours 'round here is Sugarbakers, but I don't know how national they are.) A lot of them will sell little pre-made marzipan cake decorations. I've seen bug-shaped (butterflies, ladybugs) decorations that you could use to decorate a cake Kermit would approve. There are also bug cookie cutters, if you're feeling adventurous. (And, yes, it's OK to use storebought cookie dough & icing. It's fun, and easier than you think, and you can even have the decorate-the-cookies part be one of the party activities.)

ta,
wombat