Emmet Otter: one of the best

pezbalubah

Reaction score
So many Henson productions seem to get better with every viewing. Emmet Otter may be one of the top 10 direct to TV productions ever released by anybody, in any genre. You simply don't see quality made like this anymore. As far as Christmas movies go, I think this is as much of a classic as The Grinch, Rudolph, Christmas Story, and It's a Wonderful Life. I think there's alot of people that like this special and watch it regularly every Christmas, but probably don't think of it as the brilliant production that some of us might. Does anybody know who puppeteered Ma Otter? Marilyn Sokol performed her voice, but I have not seen credits for her puppeteer. The scene where Ma is tucking Emmet in to bed is so good, my friend (a video major graduate) swore it was too realistic to be a puppet, that it was a person in a costume. Paul Williams' songs are brilliant, he only composed for three Muppet productions, but I think all 3 of them have the best songs.

RBGB

Reaction score
Could Not Agree More .. Great Movie !!!!!!!!! :smile:

Joggy

Reaction score
I think Frank Oz performed Ma. He's the only Muppeteer who doesn't have much to do, and the puppetry looks so good.