Jimmy Fallon to replace Conan on "Late Night"

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I wonder why his ratings have been slipping as of lately, though?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
In test runs, Jimmy Fallon has been reading his hate mail that people have been sending him about taking over Late Night.

He is just silly and Not funny.

Teheheman

Reaction score
It would be interesting to see next week how he does, who knows? He might be good, I don't wanna cut the man short, but he's got some big shoes to fill

Daniel

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
It would be interesting to see next week how he does, who knows? He might be good, I don't wanna cut the man short, but he's got some big shoes to fill

Daniel
So does Conan! Steve Allen, Jack Paar, Jay! The pressure is on! :shifty:

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Didn't Conan originally meet harsh criticism when he took over late night? I don't care for Jimmy Fallon (He just isn't funny to me), but I guess people should give him a chance before getting out the pitchforks and tar and feathers.

I think my concern is that Conan's humor may be too much for the 11:30 time slot. I have a feeling some things that would have made it in the 12:30 time slot will be censored in this earlier time. I hope all works out.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just don't understand why Leno and Conan didn't just trade completely. Considering the stink that Leno gave NBC till they buckled and gave him that 10:00 show that hasn't been formally announced yet.

That said, imagine if Andy Richter took over the Late Late show.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I just don't understand why Leno and Conan didn't just trade completely. Considering the stink that Leno gave NBC till they buckled and gave him that 10:00 show that hasn't been formally announced yet.

That said, imagine if Andy Richter took over the Late Late show.
I think that Andy is going to be the Tonight Show announcer.

animal0606

Reaction score
I like Jimmy Fallon but his late show gig wont last long maybe a little longer then his film career but not much longer.I cant see him working out.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I still don't understand the terms of what happened to Jay. He graciously bowed down than later on felt that he got the bum's rush, and then whined about not getting work... Fox initially felt this was an opportunity, but the plan fizzled and NBC caved in and gave Leno some 10 PM show...

Is that right, or am I missing something?