Meet the Feebles: A sick take on the Muppets

Mokey's sweet

Reaction score
:smile: Here we are to discuss and argue about a truely horrid film called Peter Jackson's MEET THE FEEBLES. it's a South Park Take on the muppets. Drugs, Sex, Massacure and many more, see this site for more. beware! http://www.ween.net/feebles/
what's your opinons, personally i'm outraged but what about you? being REAL Muppet fans :mad:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
There are some long-held threads on the Feebles that gets some activity from time to time. Here's one of them that has some good replies that you might want to check out, but I don't mind posting here too.

I actually kind of like this film for several reasons. I have studied film and find Peter Jackson's "Meet the Feebles" to be the most offensive film ever made. It beats out the 1915 DW Griffith classic "Birth of a Nation". That is widely held as an achievement in linear cinematic storytelling by film historians *while being a terribly racist and morally repugnant film in some of the most obviously manipulative ways. “Feebles” is a tongue-in-cheek, equal-opportunity offender where no one is spared. That multiplies the offensiveness while it diffuses the malicious intent.

I see this film as homage to the Muppets, but from the twisted, warped and seriously disturbed mind of Peter Jackson. That's the key. I don't think he means to insult the Muppets or Jim Henson. This was created as a shoe-string-budgeted labor-of-love during Jackson's "Bad Taste" art house film era.

I find “Feebles” hard to watch, terribly offensive and grating at times, yet can't help but have a soft spot for it. It's certainly not great cinema. However it is an interesting footnote in cinematic history a few times over.

Mokey's sweet

Reaction score
i Do like the film, the only reason i said i didn't was i afraid of bad freedback from REAL muppet fans. but i Do like the film, i love the sick humor (I'm a South Park fan) and i'm hoping for a DVD Re-Release.
it's achaully a complement to Jim Henson because the only time you know how popular something becomes is when someone takes the mick out of it LOL

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm a pretty fanatical Muppet fan so you're safe. He he. Well, at least from me, there are many other fans that have a rabid distaste for the Feebles. I see it in what I believe is the intended perspective, but can understand how others would disagree. I was rather stunned upon my first viewing. :eek:

CBPuppets

Reaction score
I'm going to do a Leo type speech concerning the film.

(Ahem)

Friends, Families, Muppet Fans who are contributing to Muppet central today I would like to point out why Meet the Feebles is a sick joke on the muppets. For example some sources say it was referred as "Muppets on Acid". what kind of Bozo would come up with that lame excuse. Then there's somethings I really can't explain here for obvious reasons, but it would've give the muppets a bad name. For those of you who are still wondering about the film let me get some things straight.

(I start Going Crazy)

THIS FILM IS WRONG! I mean think about it, A hippo shooting people resulting in Death, Some Idiot making a dirty movie, and another bunch of idiots commiting aldultery, Throwing knives for an act, and Drug issues! Friends This Movie is a bad name for the muppets and you gotta Boycott this film! Believe you me, I'm trying to pull anything here, but it is something that could affect you for the rest of your life! So all you got to do is get someone to Stop Meet the Feebles from spreading in the U.S. what I'm trying to say here is....

STOP THIS FILM!

(Whew good to get that of my chest)

muppetinsider

Reaction score
Honestly I remember seeing the film when it first came out, and I was a bit taken back by it; however, I didn't feel that it was inappropriate, I felt it was a type of humor where you had to know where it was coming from. And it certainly had a whole other satire behind it, nothing to do with the Muppets.
I respect it as it's own film, and never compared it with anything else.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i remember, i spent almost a year looking for this movie and when i finally saw i was just in aw...not over love or horrible, im not even talking about its content...for me its one of those movies that its so bad its good, i recomend people watch it and give it there own opinion like we do with muppet films....sure some people wont like it and some will...i own it cause its a movie filmed with puppets...but really i havent sat and watched it since the day i bought it

muppetinsider

Reaction score
I believe it's out on DVD now; I still have the old VHS copy. I would assume the DVD must have some pretty good features on it as well.
It's been some time, I should see if it's available, I'd love to watch it in widescreen.

muppetinsider

Reaction score
Ok, Just found Meet the Feebles on Amazon for $12, used. Very nice looking updated illustrated cover with a yellow clamshell case. Definitely worth the buy!