what do you use to make a mouth?

muppetfan89

Reaction score
How do you make a mouth? I've been using cardboard, but for some reason, I feel that it's not the best thing to use.

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
Foam Core, sign material, gasket rubber, plastic, wood- do a search ppl posted answers to your question

wes

Reaction score
Plastic Gallon Ice cream Buckets! that's what I use I got it from Terry Angus.

It works great and is flexible if you need it to be!

wes

Reaction score
Thank Terry, He told me that i was like, "R U kidding me" but thats what he said he used and it worked great, the cool thing is I work for a camp over the summer and they had a ice cream party everyweek and they used like 5 gallons every week, so i have plenty for a while!

Greedo

Reaction score
I think it depends on the kind of puppet you want to make: if it's a sophisticated sock-puppet design(like Kermit, who has a flexible mouth)I'd suggest something flexible yet sturdy as the base, and attach a felt inner mouth design via spray glue, inconspicuous sewing, and the like. For other puppet types with the less flexible head, try a sturdy material that will be forgiving on your hands when you're operating with it. I used some foam board.
I hope this helps! Good luck!
Greedo

Conor IX

Reaction score
I really like thick acetate sheets(250 micron). I really don't like using foam core.

SUPERPUPPET

Reaction score
Another good idea if anyone doesn't know about this .... if you use cardboard or styrene and want to put felt over it, they make felt thats sticky on one side. You can find it in black at any Walmart in there material and craft section.:smirk: