New Henson Late Night Show Coming To TBS

beaker

Reaction score
http://www.muppetnewsflash.com/2008/03/henson-to-bring-late-night-sketch-show.html

This doesnt appear to be Puppet Up or Late Night Buffet/Del,
but a whole new adult late night puppet Henson offering under the HA! brand

Earlier today TBS announced plans to ramp up production on original programming for the network. Aside from the renewal of several already successful TBS shows ("My Boys", "The Bill Engvall Show" and "Frank TV"), the network announced the addition of several new television projects to their upcoming production line up. Among the new projects, TBS has announced that they've partnered with The Jim Henson Company to develop an all-new late-night sketch comedy show. The currently untitled series will feature Henson's signature puppetry style and is expected to be part of the “Henson Alternative" brand of comedy. The original sketch comedy show is expected to enter production later this year with Brian Henson and Lisa Henson serving as executive producers on the project.

This project is not Henson's first collaboration with TBS. In 2006, Henson worked with the network to develop "Late Night Buffet", an unseen pilot for a puppet-based talk show. In November 2006, the network aired an hour-long television presentation of the Jim Henson Company's "Puppet Up! - Uncensored" from the Comedy Festival in Los Vegas. And more recently, Henson has produced original webisodes of "Puppet Up!" and "Del's Vegas Comedy Binge" for TBS.com's laugh lab. I will be sure to keep you updated as soon as more information on this exciting new sketch comedy show develops.

Stulz

Reaction score
late night sketch show

:eek:

I think this is a great format to launch new characters and ideas as well as a platform to showcase some of the new characters and concepts that the Henson company has come up with recently.

I would rather see "SUDS", and Augie and Del from Late Night Buffet, used in recurring skits on a show like this such instead of as web filler.

And if Tinseltown doesn't get picked up into a full series maybe
those characters could be used in short segments as well, and since this is under the HA! brand this could turn into a new adult version of The Muppet Show!

I hope this works out, and TBS actually airs this as a full series, unlike other Henson series that have been announced and then not really panned out.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
:eek:

I think this is a great format to launch new characters and ideas as well as a platform to showcase some of the new characters and concepts that the Henson company has come up with recently.

I would rather see "SUDS", and Augie and Del from Late Night Buffet, used in recurring skits on a show like this such instead of as web filler.

And if Tinseltown doesn't get picked up into a full series maybe
those characters could be used in short segments as well, and since this is under the HA! brand this could turn into a new adult version of The Muppet Show!

I hope this works out, and TBS actually airs this as a full series, unlike other Henson series that have been announced and then not really panned out.
Thos all sound like great Ideas, I'd love to see that, like a sketch show done with puppets sort of like snl or mad tv but funny! ha!
It would remind me sort of like the Jim Henson Hour and that'd be great!

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
I also knew that it wouldnt happen! just had that feeling. :smirk: ... BUT i WISH it would have made it to tv! I DEFF would have watched it.... or taped it! :hungry:

muppet baby

Reaction score
i really hope they go though with Grown up puppet entertaiment, that would be so great , i love the muppets very much and in some way they kind of did that with some of the muppet stuff sticking in a few choice words here or there, and also some attuide stuff piggy for example .

i hope they go though with this at some point i mean it is already summer of 08.

fleecenotfelt

Reaction score
OH COOLIO! i think i heard that bill barretta is attached to this project, no?

that bill barretta, he is just so hunky!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The Henson Company pitches countless projects that get lost along the way in development. I suppose this is one of them. :sympathy: