Muppets.com relaunches with Disney XD

SgtGonzoPepper

Reaction score
Sorry to post twice. So My computer finally pulled through. There are also TWO new Do Not Touch videos.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Wow I love the new stuff! I'm laughing over here! The people who write these need to be doing the shows and specials the muppets are on! This is good stuff here!
The entire site is acting odd right now though, so yeah loved the changing color kermit and the ram joke with muppet labs lol
Awwww poor Gonzo! Piggy is so mean :frown:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I liked the new S&W video (It reminds me of a gag in Neil Ciceriga's "No Place Like Home"). The Gonzo/Piggy one was kind of odd an awkward. Liked the Ram joke and Kermit changing color.

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
Did anybody notice that they took down the muppet newsflash ticker. Thats a shame.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
HAHAHA! Oh my goodness gracious me! Fozzie finally got back at those two old coots! FANTASTIC! And their resposne was just brilliant! I was rolling on the floor! Did NOT see that coming! Loved the new "Do Not Touch" videos too! Kermit and Fozzie are wonderful and that's perfect Bunsen and Beaker! Loved seeing Muppet rams! But gooooodness! Gonzo and Piggy was just AWESOME! Gonzo is SO FUNNY! I had NO idea what to expect when I saw him walk into that elevator, but boy... was I impressed! Great, great, GREAT stuff! Can't wait for the next Muppdate! :zany:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Did anybody notice that they took down the muppet newsflash ticker. Thats a shame.
I think it will be back, they added some new sections (like muppet Labs) if you click on the other videos on the opening page.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I love this stuff, but Animal isn't a good web designer

I like the few bits I was able to see.

This site already loads in fits and spurts with my wifi connection. Certain types of crudely scripted Flash just have a way of doing that. But now they're messing with what worked. I'm a multimedia designer myself and these page designers are failing the performers, graphic designers and fans badly.

There's now this annoying backpack (not Muppety) that won't go away. I finally joined Disney.com to see if it would go away and even though I am logged in that thing won't disappear or move so I can see the video clips underneath. It's mostly impossible to move the viewing screen over as well. I like what they're attempting but I'm not happy with the execution. It shouldn't still be such a mess.

[soapbox:]

Some basic tips (they should already know):

Allow the user to pause the video so it can cache completely rather than this stream-only method that results in prohibitive choppiness and freezing on many systems. Pressing pause just stops the entire process on my computer's wireless internet card. (Muppets.com isn’t the only perpetrator of this. Many newer designers are using this presumptuous method believing that every user has a swift streaming connection, but it locks a lot of users out of their content. It's lazy scripting and they need to stop.)

Key the user in that there's really loud audio coming their way before they enter the site. Screaming rats on a computer can get a person fired at work (and let's face it, most people surf a little at work).

Allow the user to easily move and collapse the floating elements on the page.

Bring back the percentage element on the loader! It's particularly important here to discern what is loading and what is frozen.

The dressing rooms are cute, but it would be nice to also have all the clips in one area so the user doesn't have to waste time clicking about. Plus, closed doors aren't friendly.

Don't create areas designed to open that never do.
____

As I say all of this, the Miss Piggy clip is still frozen. I have not been able to view more than 12 seconds of it because of these poor web strategies. I love this site, but they really need to design the web script to meet the quality of the stellar content script!

[/soapbox]

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah! I was looking for that one!

HAHAHA! Oh my goodness gracious me! Fozzie finally got back at those two old coots! FANTASTIC! And their resposne was just brilliant!
I have to agree! Lovod that one!

But gooooodness! Gonzo and Piggy was just AWESOME! Gonzo is SO FUNNY! I had NO idea what to expect when I saw him walk into that elevator, but boy... was I impressed! Great, great, GREAT stuff! Can't wait for the next Muppdate! :zany:
Caught this one too! Too funny! Ahaaaahahahaha! :big_grin: