Sesame Street Live: When Elmo Grows Up

SSLFan

Reaction score
i know! jodie's soo cute! LOL! yeah they use purple and orange as the tall and medium this year. have you watched the ss t.v. show lately? the new character, murray, seems to be getting very popular. it wouldn't surprise me if he was the tall or medium understudy next year... or maybe he'll even have speaking lines...?
Yeah...I wouldn't be surprised. I was kind of expecting him to be in this show, just as an u/s anyway. I think the big mystery for me would be how they would design the costume, i mean the puppet on the show looks so unqiue. Just like Two-Headed Monster, they TWO heads!:crazy: And VEE still included them on some of their tours in the 80's.:cool:

But yeah, VEE should really consider using Jodie more often. The best memory I have of Jodie is seeing her in BBSDC, lol. I think she was also in the first version of 1-2-3...Imagine! but, if I remember correctly, she wore a hat and I think she was in a wheelchair. And even know I saw the 2000 version, I believe she was in the 1994 production of Let's Be Friends.

:wisdom:

StarrFilter

Reaction score
Yeah Jodie was the medium u/s in the orignal prod. of LBF, and in both productions of LPSchool. The girl in the wheelchair was Francis. The small understudy character in the original prod. of 123 alternated the Francis and Prairie Dawn costumes throughout the show. Grover was the medium u/s for 123.

SesameStreetGuy

Reaction score
Two headed Monster was only in one SSL show, they were in 'Big Bird's Super Spectacular Show', that was the 1981-1982 show. Speaking of Two headed.....anyone got any idea what the costume was like in that show? I mean....how could people perform in that thing? LOL. In fact, Gladys the cow and Fred the wonder horse were also in that show....i bet VEE had more than 17 people in the cast back in those days.

They use to have Herry, Forgetful Jones, and Simon Soundman as walkarounds too back in the 80s...man I bet those were the days.

StarrFilter

Reaction score
yeah back in the day they used to have 18 performers in some shows. gladys was a two person costume like snuffy and two headed was a puppet.

SSLFan

Reaction score
Yeah, and now they're down to 16 performers!:stick_out_tongue:

StarrFilter

Reaction score
and the theater shows have gone from 13 to 14. so i guess that's good

StarrFilter

Reaction score
Yup! That's my Chris. Love him. He's been doing it since 03 and he loves it.:wisdom: Emily was on his tour last year too. she was Ernie. She's also been touring since 03. We actually auditioned in St. Louis, MO. together. :stick_out_tongue: I love her. She's so cool.