Today is Epcot's Birthday!

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
October 1, 2007 Marks the silver birthday for Epcot!

Happy Birthday Epcot!

sesameguy

Reaction score
Yay, Epcot! My family and I were lucky enough to visit there in 1986, and got to see it in just about its "original" state. It's worth a visit if you can. Favorite attractions include "Spaceship Earth", "Living Seas", "Journey into Imagination", "Universe of Energy" (that one might not be there now, I'm not sure) and "The American Adventure". Plus, if you like good acapella singing, be sure to hang around the "American Adventure" to hear the "Voices of Liberty."

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Epcot is really fun. Much has changed there, but also many things are still the same. I love the World Pavillion, The Living Seas, Test Track and Spaceship Earth.

One of the times we went we took a bus from Epcot to MGM and the tour guide was like, ah yes, you all just came out of Epcot - Every Person Comes Out Tired. :smile:

anytimepally

Reaction score
I love the Mission Space ride... and the Morroccan Resturant

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Epcot is my favorite out of the Disney parks. I actually thought beforehand I'd like MGM more (which was also great), but Epcot really surprised me.

MeWantCookie

Reaction score
you'll love it, I'm sure, Ilikemuppets. I've been to Epcot once about 3 years ago (2004) while I was at Disneyworld with my high school band for our yearly competition. Basically there are pavilions from many different countries (not exactly sure of the number though), plus Future World which includes Test Track (awesome ride!) and Mission:Space (which I never rode).
Unfortunately this trip was before I became addicted to sushi, so I didn't get any at the Japan pavilion, but should I ever go back to Epcot, that will be at the top of my list!

Son of Enik

Reaction score
I have been to EPCOT 6 times, and I have enjoyed it more and more each time.
Every attraction has it's appeal...though I am partial to Spaceship Earth, Test Track and the Mexico pavilion. My brother took his family there 2 weeks ago and told me about the new ride in Mexico, "La Gran Fiesta featuring The Three Caballeros". I can't wait to bring my daughter down in a few years (she's only 7 months old right now).
Happy Birthday EPCOT...can't wait to see you again.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Epcot is my least favorite of the Walt Disney World theme parks (though I last went in 1995, before the Animal Kingdom theme park opened). I went to Epcot and MGM the last two times I went to Walt Disney World (I had also gone to Disney World sometime earlier, but think I only went to The Magic Kingdom that time), and both times I spent the least amount of time at Epcot. It's not as interesting as MGM or The Magic Kingdom. And I hardly saw any Disney characters at Epcot either time (of coruse, the last time I was at Walt Disney World, I didn't see any characters very much).

However, Epcot does have some attractions that I like, including Honey, I Shrunk the Audience. I also saw a Lion King attraction about the environment. I forget the title of that. And I went on the imagination ride (I forget what it's caled now, but I've heard that it had Bily Barty as the voice of an animatronic character, who Dave Goelz later took over the role of).

Brinatello

Reaction score
Epcot is really fun. Much has changed there, but also many things are still the same. I love the World Pavillion, The Living Seas, Test Track and Spaceship Earth.

One of the times we went we took a bus from Epcot to MGM and the tour guide was like, ah yes, you all just came out of Epcot - Every Person Comes Out Tired. :smile:
I recently discovered Epcot stands for Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow. Has to be right if I read it in a Disney magazine! But, I like your acronym, too!