Legends of the Dark Crystal

SuzieChan

Reaction score
The cover art looks very pleasing to my eyes. Can't wait to buy myself a copy of it!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know if this is going to be like the Labyrinth comics? I thumbed through one and the inside art did not rise to the level of the cover art (different artists, happens a lot). The story also seemed like too much of a departure from the source material. :grouchy:

I know the same brand is releasing the series, but I'm wondering if it will have the same feel and direction as the Labyrinth representation?

The Dark Crystal holds a very special place with me. I'd like to know if it's getting a better treatment? :confused:

DTWolf

Reaction score
The drawings (I can't bring myself to use the word artwork) in the first Return to Labyrinth book are abysmal. However, Legends of the Dark Crystal is being handled by a completely different team. It looks much, much better.

Ironically, you can look at the very end of that Labyrinth book to find a preview of LotDC, making painfully clear how vastly superior the Dark Crystal artwork is to the muddled, looks-like-he-didn't-bother-to-finish-them drawings in the Labyrinth story.

It's hard to say how faithful the LotDC story will be the original movie, but I'm expecting it to be pretty good. We do know it's a prequel to the film.

Cosmic Cow

Reaction score
I have been looking forward to this since it was first announced. Finally I can dive into the world of Manga. :smile:

JMPrater

Reaction score
It's nice to see the production values were upped for this release. I would imagine the reason for the delay was because of this very reason.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
The Muppet Newsflash is proud to present an exclusive interview with TOKYOPOP editor Tim Beedle.

Tim serves as the editor for both Henson-based manga series. He has been leading the team on "Legends of the Dark Crystal" since the beginning and he recently came to helm the "Return to Labyrinth" series as well. Tim shares some great behind-the-scenes insights and gives readers a "sneak peak" at what they can expect to see in these graphic novels. You can find the interview in The Muppet Newsflash's article section, or you can jump to it directly via the link below. Enjoy!

An interview with Tim Beedle