Return to Labyrinth: Volume 2

Laszlo

Reaction score
Yep, they went the cheapest way. They know the fans will buy them because
there is not much else out there.

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
Where exactly did the comparison between the two comic pages Lazlo linked to come in with Return to the Labyrinth Vol. 2?

I can't get that player at Tokyopop to work.

DTWolf

Reaction score
I finally got a chance (i.e., I finally remembered while I was in a bookstore) to look at volume 2 in a store a few days ago. There was no way I was going to order it online without looking first (the mistake I made with the first volume).

The drawings are still bad. Flipping through the pages it looked like there was some slight improvement--I think Chris Lie did spend more time on vol. 2 than on vol. 1--but it's not enough. The drawings are not up to the level we should see in a professionally published book.

I'm not going to buy this unless I see it used (in one of the local comics shops) for a discounted price. I have a mild curiosity about the story, so I'm willing to go that far, but no farther.

Laszlo

Reaction score
Jareth's comment about RTL : " Nothing? Nothing ... TRALALA !"
:smile:

Belladonna

Reaction score
To be honest, if you can get a hold of it do. I was very skeptical at first, especially with the bad art and the bad writing in the first volume, but after reading volume two... Well, it was definitely worth it. The story moves so much better and it's so much more powerful in this volume.

And GOD the cliffhanger!

Definitely worth the buy and the read. What is driving me crazy is going to be the wait for volume 3.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
My review from issue one: The story is great, and the art isn't bad. It's really good, good art--just not a style I appreciate (not very into Manga, but that's just me).

Someone into Manga may not be into Peanuts or Dennis the Menace.

The art is very clean, smooth, and looks nice--it's just very Japanese oriented in style and execution, which is the essence of that style of book.

I think we've all be spoiled by something like the DC or Marvel adaptation of the film, and by certain styles that we expected of the characters. We're not going to get David Bowie in this book.

The story is really good, and the art - while not my taste (and doesn't have to be) - is also really good. I couldn't do it, and probably wouldn't.

Laszlo

Reaction score
Well, compared to the DARK CRYSTAL Manga the art is really bad.
The DC Manga is so much better.

Belladonna

Reaction score
The DC Manga of Labyrinth or of Dark Crystal? I saw the Dark Crystal manga--the art is much better than in Labyrinth. But for me the story always supercedes the art. Even if it's bad art, as long as it doesn't make my eyes bleed I'll be fine with it.

Still, I had a ball with the story (specifically the second volume of course) and I made some silly comic strips in reaction to the end of volume 2. I suppose PM me if you're interested in seeing them. I, unfortunately, don't think I could post links up here.

z0e2cool

Reaction score
labyrinth manga

i hate to say it but i'm not impressed with the comics they focus on toby and in fact toby was a baby in the film so how would he know who jareth was or even if he got wished away:smile: