New Fraggle 3-Disc CD Set and Clothing Line

getup

Reaction score
seems to be fixed now. just wish there were some new songs like we hoped. still gonna be a pretty cool collection

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
When looking at the list of tracks i noticed that 7 songs appear on more than one disk. They are Fraggle Rock Theme, Wemblin’ Fool, Catch the Tail by the Tiger, Follow Me, Convincing John, Doozer Knitting Song, and the Closing Theme. Why is this and what do you guys think.
Simple: the three CD's appear to be exact re-issues of the three Fraggle Rock albums released in the past. Hence the repeated tracks.

janicegroupie

Reaction score
I am quite excited about this. I actually like the fact that's it's a reissuing of the past albums. I had all 3 of those on cassettes back in the day but those tapes have definitely gotten more than enough use over the years and are barely in working condition. I can now relieve a huge part of my youth. Whoppie!:excited:

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
I'm quite let down.... I mean it will be nice to have Perfect Harmony on CD instead of an LP but I wish they would have done more songs we didn't already have. Not ONLY the songs we already have. And I don't like how they are repeated on the separate releases but still put out that way in a set. They should have put more songs in place of the repeats. Don't get me wrong. I'm glad they doing this, but upset thats its stuff I already have, and not a whole lot of it.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Great news, but I agree this is a bit disapointing. I already have all 3 albums, but getting them on remastered CD will be good, and the notes and artwork are also gonna be good.

Its also worth noting that unfortunetly the first album is a reissue of the USA version, the first UK album was the same as the US version, except that on Side 1 it had Workin' as track 9 and Travelling Matt (All around the world) as track 10. Side 2 was the same and included Dum of a Son!

Hopefully if this sells well maybe we will see future CD's?

Chris

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It is a bit disapointing of course, but I think companies tend to think of the general audience who may have none of the tracks, rather than the hard core fans to take the time to get the songs. :smile:

BradFraggle

Reaction score
I love that they are preserving the original albums – even if it means having some “repeats” throughout the 3 discs. I mean if they were to re-release “Perfect Harmony” or “Music and Magic” but cut songs or shifted around the tracks people would be ticked off. I think it is great that they are keeping the flow, order and composition of each album intact.

People were outraged when HIT released the original episodes on DVD but edited the opening and closing themes so they were only on the set once - rather than in each episode as they originally were placed. Now that they are re-releasing the original albums people want them to edit the content so the same thing won’t appear twice. Go figure? This is great preservation of the three classic albums – in their original form.

Maybe if this set sells really well they will release a new Fraggle album with new songs down the road – but this is instead a packaging of three independent, and classic, Fraggle albums.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
...people want them to edit the content so the same thing won’t appear twice. Go figure? This is great preservation of the three classic albums – in their original form...
Well said Brad. You should think of "The Fraggle Rockin' Collection" as the definitive box-set collection of the three original Fraggle Rock albums. Don't think of it as a singular collection of Fraggle Rock songs; but rather a presevation and re-release of the original, and long out-of-print albums. Here you'll be getting all three original albums for the price of one (and they will be uncut, come with excluive liner notes and will be restored & remastered on CD).

And who knows, maybe if sales are high it will show Henson, HIT and KOCH that there is a demand for Fraggle music and then they will create new Fraggle albums featuring a new compilation of songs.

DTWolf

Reaction score
Until reading this thread, I didn't know there had even BEEN any Fraggle Rock LP/CD releases before. I've certainly never seen any to have an opportunity to buy one (and I go a lot of places that sell used music)--not that I would've gotten an LP version anyway. So for me this means I won't be MISSING any of the stuff that's been previously released.

While it will seem odd when listening to them to have the few repeats, I don't feel the least bit of disappointment looking over the details of the release.

And they have "The Beetle Song"!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that the first album was released twice in the US during the 80's, the original and then the reissue. The reissue dropped the song "Dumb of a Son of a Gun" and it appears this won't be on the CD set either even though it was on the first US cast album.

Since we're talking about Fraggle music, anyone anxious for the sounds of Season 3 can hear all the Season 3 songs on Muppet Central Radio. We'll be playing those songs exclusively for the next few weeks.