Rowlf on the Best of Jimmy Dean Volume 1

wolfy

Reaction score
Lovin' Rowlf

Well, first of all, hello again! Been a LONG time since I was around...sorry.

I am going to age myself horribly here, but I remember being about seven or eight and watching "The Jimmie Dean Show" just for Rowlf the Dog. He was my absolute favorite person on the show (okay, he's a muppet, but at the time, to me he was very real). I used to tell people I remember Rowlf from when I was very young and that I used to watch him on television (I especially told my mother about it), but I got pooh-poohed about it, saying I was wrong and so forth.

Thank you for letting me know about this DVD. Now I can again remember Rowlf as I used to as a child, and I can go "nyah, nyah, nyah" to my naysayers (in my mind, if nothing else).

I am really looking forward to seeing this DVD and old memories of Rowlf and his banter with Jimmie Dean. I remember how I used to laugh at it...and how much I fell in love with that funny dog who still remains in my heart today...

Thanks for welcoming me back! :flirt:
wolfy

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
So anyone who has this dvd is it available in stores? and is it worth buying? I'd only be buying it for rowlf is there allot of him in it?
Thanks to anyone who can help!

wolfy

Reaction score
So anyone who has this dvd is it available in stores? and is it worth buying? I'd only be buying it for rowlf is there allot of him in it?
Thanks to anyone who can help!
One of the people in the thread, Ploobis, stated he/she got their's from Best Buy and said it was worth it, as there is quite a bit of Rowlf doing comedy with Jimmie Dean on the DVD. I'm not sure who Ploobis is, but if you ask Phil, perhaps you can connect with them on the site somehow and find a copy.

I'd look at Best Buy if you have one near, as it seems to be where they ordered from, but I am sure you can ask any DVD sales place (FYE, WalMart, KMart, etc.).

Good luck! I'm looking, too...
wolfy

ploobis

Reaction score
One of the people in the thread, Ploobis, stated he/she got their's from Best Buy and said it was worth it, as there is quite a bit of Rowlf doing comedy with Jimmie Dean on the DVD. I'm not sure who Ploobis is, but if you ask Phil, perhaps you can connect with them on the site somehow and find a copy.

I'd look at Best Buy if you have one near, as it seems to be where they ordered from, but I am sure you can ask any DVD sales place (FYE, WalMart, KMart, etc.).

Good luck! I'm looking, too...
wolfy
I am a He! I ordered my copy of The Jimmy Dean DVD from Best Buy by phone.

:sympathy:

ploobis

Reaction score
I just pre ordered my copy of The Best Of The Jimmy Dean Show vol. 2 today from Best Buy. I can't wait to see all the hilarious Rowlf material!

:smile: :sympathy:

ploobis

Reaction score
I pre-ordered my copy of The Best Of Jimmy Dean vol. 2 from Best Buy! I can't wait for August to come!

:smile: :sympathy:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I got volume 1 yeasterday Rowlf or as jimmy calls him Ralph was pretty good he's not on it much about 3 segments but each one was great allot of the show was pretty boring to me besides the other comedy skit they did with the 2 guys saying jokes back and forth while singing.
It's funny even my parents and grandparents don't remeber this show lol.
I have to admit though young mr. dean was pretty good looking in his time there.
Oh I've also got to comment that I really like Rowlfs long arms on the muppet show so much better than his short pudgy ones on this.
So anyone who wans 3 clips of Rowlf they've never seen before but other than that the shows not very long and it's all country western music.
So one should take that into consideration.
I payed 12.99 for this honestly the dvd should have been 6.00 at the most theres like nothing to it and the best of is like one episodes length.

ploobis

Reaction score
I got volume 1 yeasterday Rowlf or as jimmy calls him Ralph was pretty good he's not on it much about 3 segments but each one was great allot of the show was pretty boring to me besides the other comedy skit they did with the 2 guys saying jokes back and forth while singing.
It's funny even my parents and grandparents don't remeber this show lol.
I have to admit though young mr. dean was pretty good looking in his time there.
Oh I've also got to comment that I really like Rowlfs long arms on the muppet show so much better than his short pudgy ones on this.
So anyone who wans 3 clips of Rowlf they've never seen before but other than that the shows not very long and it's all country western music.
So one should take that into consideration.
I payed 12.99 for this honestly the dvd should have been 6.00 at the most theres like nothing to it and the best of is like one episodes length.
I love the Rowlf material on the first Jimmy Dean DVD! I love the Muppets from the 1960's!

:sympathy: :smile: