Star Wars Episode II on DVD

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now that Star Wars Episode II "Attack of the Clones" has arrived on DVD what do you guys think of the disc, especially the extras? Any good Frank Oz or Yoda sightings in the extra material?

Haven't seen the new DVD release yet myself, but will check it out later this week. Was just curious what you guys thought especially in comparison to the Episode I two-disc set.

spiderman

Reaction score
what about my DVD?

hey what about my DVD? I think disc 2 was full of a lot of BS, but I think my movie kicked some butt

GWGumby

Reaction score
Re: what about my DVD?

Originally posted by spiderman
hey what about my DVD?
Get your own thread Spiderman!

Picked up Star Wars Ep II at Walmart for $10. An amazing deal. If it weren't for the fact that it was Star Wars and it was so amazingly cheap, I wouldn't have bought it. The more I reflect on the film from watching it in the theater, the more I dislike it. However, I haven't yet watched it again, so we'll see if a second viewing and/or DVD extras improve my opinion or not.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Well, Ep II was my favorite film this year. I should be renting the DVD soon, so I too will give my thoughts and observations on the extras. Don't get me started on the actual film though...I saw it 9 times in the theater. I can practically recite many of the scenes. Ah, what a nerd.

I'm waiting until they release the "Super Star Wars Maxo-Mega DVD pack" to get Eps I and II (and III, which is shaping up to be the best SW yet). Having all 6 on DVD will be really cool, even though I don't care for the remastered versions of the originals (luckily I have the original versions on VHS as well).

-Matt

Luke

Reaction score
$10 ? How come ? Jeez - it must be about 40 here !

spiderman

Reaction score
i saw star wars 18 times

hey i saw star wars 18 times....and i slept through it all 18 times.
'

the dialogue sucked. the story could've been a little better.

the visuals were awesome and yoda kicked some serious ***

i think that natalie portman should show some more skin (ala carrie fisher in return of the jedi) because she is one hot little number. i'd like to use my light saber on her, along with the force

george lucas should hire a real director to work with the live actors, and a real script writer to handle the dialogue, and lucas should just stick to the visuals and story

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
$10 ? How come ? Jeez - it must be about 40 here !
I was looking at that too. It was almost 20 bucks last night when I was in Wal-Mart. I passed on it. I'll go over to K-Mart next time I'm around one and pick it up for 14 bucks.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Re: i saw star wars 18 times

hey i saw star wars 18 times....and i slept through it all 18 times.
Um...well...why did you see it 18 times? I mean, a $7 nap just is a bit too much for me...

-Matt

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Re: i saw star wars 18 times

george lucas should hire a real director to work with the live actors, and a real script writer to handle the dialogue, and lucas should just stick to the visuals and story
Yeah, the man who (for better or worse) redefined American movies should go hire a "real" writer/director.

Sheesh! :rolleyes:

Rufus

Reaction score
To get back to Phillip's original question... I watched "From Puppets to Pixels" last night, the only extra feature I've had a chance to watch (besides the commentary, which I listened to while I was working on... a thing... ). A short vintage shot of Oz performing Yoda on the Empire set at the beiginning, they mention Frank quite a bit while they are developing the CG Yoda, and finally we get to see part of Lucas teleconferencing with Frank while he's recording Yoda's lines.

But an unexpected bit for Muppet fans is Lucas revealing that Yoda is actually Kermit and Piggy's illegitimate child...

- R -