Muppet-Puppet Replicas on Ebay

goodrastus

Reaction score
They have been selling those for months and months - I have bid on several of Jarrod's puppets and actually one won of them. All that time when I did searches, Beaker and Animal replicas have come up in the search

David French

Reaction score
I can't see any reason why it would be illegal. They're his own creations and he's not claiming that they are the original puppets.

MWoO

Reaction score
They are not hi own creations. They are characters created by Jim Henson and currently owned by Disney. It is illegal to sell them whether he says they are "real" or not. It's why companies like Master Replicas need to pay companies like Disney money in order to make and sell replicas. You can't just decide to sell replicas of someone elses intelectual property. You could amke your own, but you can't make money by selling them or using them in a show of some kind.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Ooh, that's ba-aaad...:eek:

Those things are so off, lol!!! But That kermit is not that bad, though.

Kaiser Gonzo

Reaction score
these puppets look great
if i didnt kno any better id have thought that this ad actually worked for henson.
the gonzo looks class

MWoO

Reaction score
No...they stink compared to the real thing. They look like crappy knock offs, which they are.

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
This has been discussed in great depth already on this and other forums.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Excellent post MWoO. Couldn't have said it better. Whether they look great or not isn't the point. They are illegal copies of somebody elses intellectual properties, which are protected under the law! :attitude:

MWoO

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I wouldl ove to buy an illegally made muppet replica is it was good and cheap, but not one of these expensive things that aren't even real looking. Still illegal though....I would just be ok with breaking that law, though I'm not actualy sure if it would be illegal to buy these.