Ernie and Bert's seldom seen kitchen

LincolnHeights

Reaction score
Now I have seen Ernie and Bert's kitchen twice in the past, and I have heard it mentioned a few times. I seem to remember Ernie and Cookie Monster in their kitchen once, and another skit with Ernie and Bert in there. But it was seen very far and in between over the past 37 seasons. I sometimes wonder why they didn't show it more, but I mean Ernie and Bert's apartment is pretty big, they have a Livingroom, a Bedroom, a bathroom, a Laundry Room, and of course a kitchen which we only see twice in almost 40 years.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Take out from Hoopers!:big_grin:

The funny thing is that all the rooms in there apartment look exeactly the same, LOL!:zany:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
LincolnHeights said:
Now I have seen Ernie and Bert's kitchen twice in the past, and I have heard it mentioned a few times. I seem to remember Ernie and Cookie Monster in their kitchen once, and another skit with Ernie and Bert in there. But it was seen very far and in between over the past 37 seasons. I sometimes wonder why they didn't show it more, but I mean Ernie and Bert's apartment is pretty big, they have a Livingroom, a Bedroom, a bathroom, a Laundry Room, and of course a kitchen which we only see twice in almost 40 years.
I'm sure it's not very big. Most palces have all that you mentioned but how do you know they have a laundry room?

Erine81981

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
I'm sure it's not very big. Most palces have all that you mentioned but how do you know they have a laundry room?
Not for sure if he means that skit that's i've seen on Youtube. But i always thought that the laundry room was in another place on Sesame Street other then in their apartment. But maybe it is.

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
I'm thinking it's the laundry/utility/storage room for the whole building, ie Gordon and Susan use the same one as well. Anyone who's ever lived in an apartment building in a city knows they don't usually have individual laundry rooms.

Agreements?

(This, by the way, is a totally useless arguement, and I love it....)

LincolnHeights

Reaction score
The irony of the whole situation is, Ernie and Bert live in this huge apartment with all these rooms in New York City, where the rent prices are higher than they are anywhere's else in the U.S. and either one of them has a job. It makes you wonder how they pay that expensive rent and all those bills. :stick_out_tongue::frown:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well depending on the type of brown stone they live in, the landry room may be in their house. But you always see cloths hanging form cloths lines, though. In Elmo in Grouchland, the Landry room was between Hoopers and the Fix-IT-Shop.

LincolnHeights

Reaction score
They also showed a Laundry Room in a 1992-93 Season episode. Maria and Gordon went in to do their Laundry at the same time, and Oscar was excited and happy because he thought there was gonna be a big argument between them. Maria and Gordon both realized they each only had a small amount of laundry to wash, so they both decided to use the washer together! Oscar was disgusted with this, and said something like "Hey wait a minute, there is a problem here after all, I have Laundry to wash too!" and Maria and Gordon said to Oscar that there was enough room for all their clothes, and they put Oscar's in as well, and he was like "Hey wait! I was gonna wash those clothes with MUD!" :grouchy::grouchy::grouchy:

LincolnHeights

Reaction score
Sorry for getting a little off topic, but I just had to post that memory. Well, back on topic. Can anyone name all the times Ernie and Bert's Kitchen was shown, and all the times it was ever mentioned. I have only actually seen it twice, but mabye it was on more than that in the show's early days. How many times has it been mentioned?