Seriously! How Many Worlds Are In Fraggle Rock?

MokeynSprocket

Reaction score
Ok! What I love the most about Fraggle Rock is that there are so many worlds taking place at once. Before I go any further, can we all agree on an EXACT number of worlds that simultaneously takes place in Fraggle Rock? Ok, I believe there are 6 worlds in Fraggle Rock.

Ok.. Just so there will not be any confusion, anyone who rejects someone's world, or add a world that is not mentioned, he or she must fully support why he or she feels a world should or should not be included.

Now, here are the six worlds that I believe are taking place in Fraggle Rock. After naming the 6 worlds, I will support why I believe they are distinctive.

First and most obvious is: FRAGGLE WORLD, GORGS WORLD, DOOZERS WORLD, OUTER SPACE, SPROCKET'S WORLD, WORLD OF THE TRASH HEAP.

EXPLANATION:

FRAGGLE WORLD:
This world is clearly shared only between Fraggles. Although Doozers live in Fraggle Rock, there is very little interaction between Fraggles and Doozers. Fraggles generally mind their business, and same with the Doozers. The Fraggles question other fraggles about many of the Doozers actions, but do not care enough to question Doozers. Likewise, Doozers try their hardest to avoid the Fraggles. Most of the storyline and drama that happens with the Fraggles, are only witnessed by the Fraggles.

GORG WORLD:
The Gorgs believe they rule the world. Pa is King, while Ma is Queen. The Gorgs are unaware of Fraggle Rock, Doozers, Outer Space, and all other worlds I have in my list. Most of the storyline and drama that happens with the Gorgs, are only witnessed by the Gorg's. This is clearly a distinctive world from all other worlds mentioned.

DOOZERS WORLD:
Even though the Doozers live in Fraggle Rock, there is very little socialization between Fraggles and Doozers. For the most part, the two species simply ignore each other. Also, they have there own constructed communities that are far distinctive from Fraggles. There way of life is entirely different, and they are totally opposite of Fraggles. That is, fraggles "play," while doozers "work." Also, the vast majority of Doozers are unware of any world other than Fraggle Rock. It would be unfair for me to not recognize the Doozers as having a unique world of their own. Lastly, the vast majority of drama and storyline that involves Doozers, are experienced only by the Doozers.

OUTER SPACE: Yes, while Doozers are working, Fraggles are playing, and while Junior is working in the garden, "Outer Space (Human world) is taking place simultaneously. Uncle Matt is full proof that Outer Space occurs. This is the world that only HUMANS understand. Fraggles do not have a clue of what our world is actually about. Also, over 90% of the time, their interpretations are false. We humans do have a distinctive world, and this world is taking place concurrently with the other worlds.

TRASH HEAP WORLD:
This is definitely a world of its own. Even though the Fraggles are aware of the home of the Trash Heap, they still fear it. Fraggles appear to be intimidated by the Trash Heap, while at the same time, Fraggles admire her great judgment. They sometimes shake, quiver, and are startled when approaching the Trash Heap, but they have enough courage to approach her for even the simplest puzzles. The Gorgs, Doozers, Sproket, and Humans are all unaware that a PILE OF TALKING TRASH EXISTS. The Fraggles themselves cannot even correctly interpret her advice or simple concepts. Basically, since only the Fraggles are aware of the Trash Heap, then I place the Trash Heap in her own world. As an analogy, only the Fraggles know about OUTER SPACE, but we still consider OUTER SPACE as its own world.

SPROCKET'S WORLD
OK! THE INCLUSION OF SPROCKET'S WORLD IS A MUST!!! It is clearly obvious that Fraggle Rock's sixth world is "The world of a dog." By watching Sprocket, it is clear that the relationship between humans and dogs should be improved. I will admit that DOC and Sprocket has an outstanding, peculiar type of communicative relationship. I enjoy watching them both. DOC has trained Sprocket how to perform many functions, as well as taught him to understand more than simply "sit" and "rollover." Instead, DOC has taught Sprocket to interpret "wrench," "pliers," and all sorts of scientific terminology. Spocket does not interpret all of what Doc says, but he surely understands at least 75% of Doc stories. While Sprocket understands Doc quite well, Doc does not understand Sprocket very well. DOC feels as though he reads Sprocket's mind clearly, but through Sprockets frustrations, it becomes apparent that DOC does not even know when his dog is extremely hungry or thirsty. Sprocket sometimes feel depressed because of Doc's stupidity and unawareness. However, Doc is not stupid. In fact, Doc is intelligent, and performs a well job as a TINKER. Point blank, Sprocket's world is clearly distinctive of Doozers, Fraggles, Trash Heap, and is basically distinctive from Humans because sometimes Sprocket's DOOGIE MIND can interpret errors and mistakes quicker than the HUMAN's mind. Lastly, many of Sprockets good, bad, or meaningful experiences are not shared by anyone but Sprocket himself. This probably contributes to Sprockets depression! Therefore, I insert a dog's world as the sixth world!

Please, if I am missing a world, or should delete a world, provide support explaining why. For the most part, there are 6 worlds taking place all at once in Fraggle Rock. Let me know if you all agree or disagree with 6 worlds! What do you think? How many worlds are there in Fraggle Rock?

Looking forward to the ideas of true Fraggle fans!

CoOKiE

Reaction score
are you talking about sets? Alot of those "worlds" you listed are connect.

BUT! There are multiple "worlds".

We have Fraggle Rock which is connected to Multiple worlds. Its conected to Outer space (which IS Sprocket's world), The Gorg's world (which is Trash Heaps world too), and the Doozers arn't really seperate from Fraggles.

BUT

Notice the exits to Fraggle rock? Theres an episode where, i believe its Red, goes off to "outter Space" and meets a dragoon, and theres a tree with golden (eh... apples or pears.. i forget)... and when Gobo and Uncle Matt go to find her... they too end up in different worlds... (if i'm not mistaken).

BEAR

Reaction score
Nice and interesting analogies. There are many different worlds, but I believe they are still very much connected. The whole point of Fraggle Rock and the worlds of the Doozers, Fraggles and Gorgs are that they can't really function without each other. You are right that the Doozers and Gorgs have never really had any direct interaction. That is something I'd be interested to see. Junior Gorg is always out "hunting" for Fraggles. Imagine his curiosity if he ever came across Cotterpin.

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Haha awww Junior Gorg meeting Cotterpin would be adorable--he would probably be so confused... Except she would probably be TERRIFIED!

One world which is kind of within the Fraggle World, but seperate, is the Fraggle Cave. They're Fraggles, but they're so different from the Fraggles at the Rock that they could be considered their own unique world. They look like Fraggles, but they're all grayish, WORK all day, and their jokes are... not what we'd consider funny. And their laughs are flat.

IDK, anyone else think they're seperate?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
... I'm curious to know if Junior could even SEE Cotterpin.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Well, I think Fraggle Cave is more like a different country/culture. They are quite a ways away from the rock, and have a different way of life that the rock fraggles don't understand, and so don't like. One of the clearer reflections of real life, and in my oppinion a darn good episode!
:smile:
Cotterpin and Junior? Now that would be funny. I think she'd probably be scared at first, but she's smart. She'd probably scream her little head off at first, maybe even run off a short distance, than stop and reaccess the situation, walk back up and give Junior a peice of her mind!
:attitude:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think Cotterpin's very observant and would notice quickly that Junior's clearly very young, despite his height, and could be given a talking to!

But yes SuperScooter, that's assuming Junior could even FIND Cotterpin!

"Fraggle Wars" was an awesome episode! I understand that the point of the story was to rescue Mokey and stop the war, but I kinda wish we knew what relations were like after that among the different Fraggles.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Yeah, they may be "worlds" psychologically and culturally, but Fraggle Rock is its own place underneath the world the Gorgs live in, which just happens to be where the Trash Heap lives too. But psychologically and culturally/socially, yeah, lots of differences.

My favorite doozer saw Junior Gorg---Flange. :smile: "A walking mountain!" LOL Season 1's "The Great Radish Caper". :cool:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm curious, are Gorgs as tall as the average human being, or even taller?