Ask Ken at Palisades

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
Yeah...but it is rare to find two people with the same tone. And since the puppets are different, odds are the figures will have some differences.
Of course you are completely right Ken, just thought the differences in this case were a little too extreme but maybe it was the light or the photos or something. I just think toning it down a little bit would be cool - a lot of the best merchandise (Igel especially) has had Statler & Waldorf either similar or the same. I'm sure you guys know what you're doing and fully realise people will display these next to each other as a set so hopefully you can come to some compromise on the skin tone so they look well matched sitting together but still contain a little of the differences the puppets had.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by GWGumby
Okay, the thought of action figures coming with their own action figures is an idea of sheer brilliance! I love that idea! Or as another take on the idea, what about a Muppet coming some sock puppets? The idea of a Muppet performing a puppet would be hilarious!

Or not. Maybe I just need more fresh air.
Beauregard would be a perfect candidate--he did a "Punch and Judy" routine on the Senor Wences Episode.....

BigSPEEGS

Reaction score
Hey Ken, quick question... do you know if series 3 has shipped to Newbury Comics yet?

Thank you very much!

-SPEEGS

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Hey if pops comes out he could maybe come with a small pinnoccio puppet as a pack in from the muppet show,

the pinnoccio puppet could then also be used in a VH playset like on the show, plus pops would nead some neat items to sell anyways, gaffer would be great too if not with a back stage set, i guess windup teeth would be good for pops too.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Zack the Dog
Hey if pops comes out he could maybe come with a small pinnoccio puppet as a pack in from the muppet show
Now Im all for obscure characaters coming out, heck it is a darn dream come true to be able to finally have Koozebane and Lobster figures. But I draw the line at uber obscure characters like Pops, Wayne and Wanda, and Marvin Suggs...who are a bit boring and wouldnt have much sculpt appeal.

If any obscure character should be made, its freaking Digit...whom(since weve seen people dig sculpts over recognition) I guarantee would have the coolest looking sculpt for a Muppet...ever.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oh, I think Pops played a rather prominent role in the Muppet Show openings and in the Great Muppet Caper.

Marvin Suggs would also make a very interesting figure. He has a great look, outfit and fun prop options. He was featured in many of the 80s merchandise (coloring books, etc). And makes appearances in images and products from the show (calendar CD, Muppets Inside). He's visible enough to fill the obscure slot on the line-up. He's not my fave, but a good choice IMHO.

I agree with Wayne and Wanda. They don't have a dynamic look or any interesting prop ideas. Most people have forgotten them. Half the hardcore fans would buy them (me too) but that's not enough to justify the cost.

Digit is pretty obscure. I'd buy him and agree that he has a great look, but they just don't use or reference him anymore. He's from a short-lived decade old show without much promotional material. If he makes a return in the new Fox show, I would definitely be for it, but there just isn't much of a reason for him yet. It is important when thinking about these that you consider what will sell rather than what we want. I want a Mildred and George, but they wouldn't be big sellers. A Digit PVC might work.

Luke

Reaction score
I guess Marvin Suggs is pencilled in at MC to be a figure in wave 7 but personally, i don't think it's worth it - i'd rather see all the uber obscures in a detailed PVC set rather than taking up space in the regular line. I think if he ends up in a wave with Johnny & Sal it's going to be very weak - some people who aren't fans of the newer Muppet characters would actually consider them mid-obscure characters too. I think it'd make the line stronger to do some cool movie variants of the major and slightly less well known characters or even original creations like Vacation Fozzie was.

People talk about the figures that have occupied the 'obscure' spot in the waves but we haven't really had one - people like Dr Teeth, Crazy Harry, Lew Zealand, Newsman and Clifford are really just lesser well known regular cast characters. I think thats probably as 'obscure' as the regular action figure line should go - casual viewers of the show should be able to recognise any figure without a problem. I'd actually like to see maybe 'Afro Kermit' come into Wave 7 to take Marvins place with Johnny & Sal, and have the as yet announced figure be Bear On Patrol Fozzie. If it really had to be an obscure character in there then i'd go with Lips

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
YES! Bear on Patrol!! That's the ticket! (Get it?)

I'd like to have Pops with Gaffer, his window at the stage door (Some assembly required, I'm sure), and I forgot the other things I "thunk" up for him. But he definitely was a big part of the show, I think. Heck, in GMC he drove the bus, didn't he?

Anyway, on Gaffer, all they'd have to do is a PVC type figure with moveable head and legs. HE can be small.

Lips, definitley a plus in my opinion. I'd like to see him come for the band.

All this SS talk, too (okay, so it was in 2 posts), makes me wish that Palisades COULD get a SS contract! They've never really had great action figure type toys made of the SS characters, and you KNOW they have great accessories to come with them...or is that something for another thread? Hmmm.

But, PLEASE! I think a Bear on Patrol Fozzie and Link with a small playset would be cool. I wouldn't mind playing like they were arresting the other MS characters on dumb charges.

LINK: "Patrolman Bear, why did you arrest this Frog?"
Kermit: "Yeah, Fozzie, tell him: Why DID you arrest the frog?!"
Fozzie: "He touched my chicken!"
LINK: (Withdraws in disgust) *GASP!*
Fozzie: "Yeah, now it has warts!"
(Holds up rubber chicken)
Kermit: "Those little bumps have ALWAYS been there."
Fozzie: (Looks at chicken) "Huh? Oh, yeah."
Kermit: "So can I go?"
Link: "Mmm-Pay your court costs! But, uh, wash your hands before you touch the money!"
Kermit: "What?!"
Fozzie: "You know: warts."
Kermit: "Oh, good grief!"

Okay, so I play a little too much. :big_grin:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In my opinion, Crazy Harry and Marvin Suggs are in about the same category as far as rare characters. Ken's mentioned before that the main reason Crazy Harry was done so soon is because he has always loved the character. Fozzie and Gonzo helped to carry the series.

Hopefully, Johnny and Sal will make it in series seven. Except for Pepe, they are some of the best new characters to come along in a long time.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I have a question:

Whatever happened to the plans for a Sweetums figure? What's his projected time frame if he hasn't been scrapped altogether?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole