First Muppet movie you saw in the theater?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
The first one I ever saw in the theater was Muppet Treasure Island. Unfortunately, it's the only Muppet movie I've ever seen in the theater! I saved up all my money to go see Muppets From Space, but my parents suggested we wait, and they bought it for me when it came on tape.

I remember where we bought it, too. In TOPS! HA HA!

MuppetMarc

Reaction score
I was born in 1992 so I might have been taken to MCC, might have been taken to MTI, but I know for sure I saw MFS in the theater.

Frogster

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
I saw GMC, MTM and MFS in the theatre (MTM and MFS on opening night!) and I also saw Follow That Bird in the theatre too. At MTM, my cousin and I wore Muppet t-shirts and each had a Muppet plush. I had :smile: and he had :concern: and the theatre manager took our picture for the theatre's newsletter, which to a six year old was like being on television.
That is freakin' cute! I was born a little late in the Henson game, but I did see The Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppet Treasure Island, but not Muppets From Space.

MrsWembly

Reaction score
The first Muppet Movie I saw in theatres was Muppets Take Manhattan. I think I was six. Not too long after that I saw Follow That Bird. I remember crying when I saw Big Bird singing in the cage all painted blue.
My father took me and my first boyfriend to see Labyrinth. It was the first time I went to the movies with a guy. (hehe)

theprawncracker

Reaction score
The first and only Muppet movie I've seen in theaters was MFS. Funny story about it actually...I remember the movie must've been out for awhile, but still, there were lots of promotional posters and such throughout the theater. My grandma and grandpa took me to see it, and...Well...We were the only ones in the theater...So yeah, that was an interesting experience...At the end my grandpa got up and started dancing...:smirk: I hardly remember what feeling the movie left me with actually...

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
MTI for me as well...as well as being the ONLY muppet movie I saw in the theatres.

BJ

Marky

Reaction score
erniebert1234ss said:
MTI for me as well...as well as being the ONLY muppet movie I saw in the theatres.

BJ
The Muppet Movie and The Great Muppet Caper were the only ones I saw in the theatre. And really... those are the ones which matter!

:wink:

Pug Lover

Reaction score
I first saw The Muppet Movie at a drive in,when I was nine years old back in the summer of 1979.:smile: :mad: :embarrassed:

rexcrk

Reaction score
I believe I saw Muppet Treasure Island in theaters but don't quote me on that. I'm also pretty sure I saw Muppets From Space in the theater. I DON'T know about Muppet Christmas Carol since I would have been 4 years old at the time.

It's a shame I was born in '88. I never got to see all the really cool Jim Henson stuff until recently like on DVD and everything (I only watched Labyrinth for the first time like two years ago! :embarrassed: :concern: Same thing with Dark Crystal)

And while I do like the newer Muppet stuff I DO prefer the Jim Henson himself stuff.

teebs

Reaction score
As seems to be the case with quite a few others, the first and only Muppet movie I saw in theaters was Muppet Treasure Island.