What was the last DVD you bought and why?

BoomerangFish

Reaction score
I just bought the latest Harry Potter on blu-ray... Why? Because my wife is obsessed with HP. :wink:

Slackbot

Reaction score
I just bought (and, last night) watched my first Bollywood film, Enthiran. It is just amazing. Kind of like someone took the basic concepts behind Isaac Asimov's I, Robot, gave it a huge CGI budget, and threw in some insane song-and-dance numbers. It's a long finm, but I consider it three hours well spent.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Tron: The Original Classic - Because curiosity killed my cat.

Tron: Legacy - Because I like the first one.

Bedknobs & Broomsticks: Enchanted Special Edition - Because I saw half of it on TCM once, then the cable cut out.

MST3K: Volume XX - For the same reason I bout the others.

Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers - I saw it on TV and liked it enough to warrant the purchase.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
DIsney's Tron: Legacey Blu-Ray/DVD combo-Haven't seen it yet actually, but it was on sale with...

Disney's Tron: Original classic on Blu-Ray/DVD combo- A classic, I really should upgrade to Blu-Ray soon.

Disney/Pixar's The Incredibles: Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital copy combo-Again, I really should upgrade to blu-ray soon, :smile: . But I mainly bought it because I had a coupon and the digital copy. And of course because it was an awesome movie.

Cars: Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack Did I mention I need to upgrade to Blu-Ray sometime soon, :smile: . But in this case again, I did have a coupon and it come with two little toy cars of Mater and Lighting, I'll admit, I'm a sucker for a free item with the DVD purchase.

Spirt of Wonder-This one wasn't bought by me, a co-worker gave it to me, thought I would probably like it more than him (it was a gift to him). It's an anime and though I haven't seen it yet, it looks really good. Looking forward to seeing it.

Sid and Marty Kroft's H.R. Pufnstuf: The Complete series-I'd be lying if I said I've seen a lot of H.R. Pufnstuf in my day, but I've interested in it, so when I saw Target had the whole series DVD set, I figured why not. Sort of as a birthday gift to myself.

Nick22

Reaction score
Toy Story 3: cause it's a great movie. dur :smile:

Erine81981

Reaction score
The newest DVD's i have bough in the last couple of month are;

Gojira/Godzilla: The Ultra Collection DVD Set (has the first movie and several others from the 60's and 70's. But not all of them. I started getting back into Godzilla because lots of reviews of the movies.)

Godzilla Vs. King Gahdora/Godzilla Vs. Mothera (90's)

Godzilla Vs. Gigan (70's)

Dennis the Menece: Season 1 (1960s) Used to watch on Nick at Nite back in the late 80's early 90's. Loved it growing up.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
They haven't come yet, but the last things I've ordered are

The Muppet Movie/The Great Muppet Caper: How can you know own these? Plus, GMC is my favorite Muppet movie.

Dog City: I'm a sucker for bad puns and the large number of them in this make it one of my favorite Henson productions.

Old School Volume 2: I chose this over volume 1 because it has a lot more entertaining bits in it (including my favorite "ABC Disco")

Young Frankenstein: I just love Mel Brooks

Grover Plants a Tree: I haven't seen much of the new Shalom Sesame, but I do enjoy when the Muppets do something environmental.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Ernest Essential collection DVD- a really cheap collection of "Ernest Goes to Camp", "Ernest Scared Stupid" and "Ernest Goes to Jail". It was 5 bucks at Wal-Mart, so I figured might as well... Besides, I've already got "Ernest Saves Christmas" on DVD, so those 4 probably cover some of the classic, essential Ernest movies. (Though I have seen "Ernest Rides Again", "Ernest Goes to School", "Ernest Goes to Africa", "Slam Dunk Ernest" and "Ernest in the Army" as well and those are all fun movies too.)

lotusoftheleaf

Reaction score
I bought The Nightmare Before Christmas at Target today, simply because I haven't actually seen the whole movie since grade school. I remember some scenes scared me. :stick_out_tongue: Watching a review of it online got me wanting to see it again.