From "Jim Hill Media"

Tim

Reaction score
I found this interesting to say the least:

"...I don't believe that (Disney CEO Bob) Iger is (former Disney CEO Michael)Eisner's puppet. Why? Because the first thing Iger did after taking over Disney was go after Eisner's little pet project, his overpriced trophy - the Muppets (speaking of puppets), and fire just about everybody connected with them. Thank god. I knew Iger was the man Disney needed after he did that. (Incidentally, after the frog slaughter was over, Eisner dropped out of the Disney company altogether. Coincidence? I think not). Now those hasbeen handpuppets have rightly been put in limbo while Iger focuses on doing what made the Mouse House great - which WASN'T buying worn-out properties like Kermie the Sock and the Power Rangers. It was creating NEW properties with the distinct Disney flavor. I'm a huge fan of Iger's so far. I can't wait to see what he does next."

muppetperson

Reaction score
Did Jim Hill write that?? Sounds like he got out of the wrong side of bed.Who says Kermit is worn out! Mickey Mouse is older than Kermit, but that's got nothing to do with it.It doesnt matter how long the characters have been around.It comes down to good script writers and the way they are promoted.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
I doubt that's Jim Hill. That sounds more like a reader who just posted a comment on one of the articles.

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
That makes me feel like crying. :cry:

It's very obvious that whoever wrote this, commentator or not, has never watched The Muppet Movie and felt the dark clouds of doubt and anxiety blow away from their mind as those first lilting lines of The Rainbow Connection come streaming right through to your SOUL. :sing:

The Muppets are pure magic and nobody, not Jim Hill, not Bob Iger, not even Lord Hallstingstingdingworth, is going to change that.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Yeah, I found this confusing, since I always thought Jim Hill was a big Muppet fan.

Tim

Reaction score
Yeah, forgot to mention this was a comment posted in response to a non-Muppet article.

P

Philip Kippel

As everyone else stated, Jim Hill DID NOT write that! It was just another ridiculous opinion that some other person wrote in response to an article.

And be nicer to Bob Iger, please!

spcglider

Reaction score
This fellow obviously is in apoplectic fits after Disney and PIXAR decided to merge. Disney isn't going to be developing any more properties than they have in the recent past. Their accquisition of the Muppets didn't make one whit of difference to their business plan for the regular Disney stable.

And now that John Lasseter is in charge of Imagineering, Animation (traditional AND CG), and heavily groping at the Theme Parks, you can bet that he'll have a little to say about how things move along with the traditional Disney film offerings as well.

I also know that practically EVERYBODY at PIXAR is a Muppet fan too. So if John L. has anything to say about it, you can hope that he'll go to bat for "Kermie the Sock" as well.

The guy who posted that needs a chill pill.

-G

superboober

Reaction score
I have trust in Lasseter as well; if he has any Muppet-related ideas, they'll probably be worth trying.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Ouch. Whoever wrote that article has a few issues.

"Has-been hand puppets..." Well, it's not as bad as what Belushi used to call them, but that really stings.