Puppet Improv UK

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
Appologies if I'm duplicating info already on the forum but here goes...

The Henson Puppet Improv is coming to the UK, Edinburgh to be precise, as part of the Fringe Festival. Performing from the 4th to the 20th of August at the Assembly Rooms, with two shows a day, one aimed at children and one aimed at adults.

Booking from 12th June at http://www.edfringe.com/shows/detail.php?action=shows&id=JIMKI

and http://www.edfringe.com/shows/detail.php?action=shows&id=JIMAD

I have found no other information, but more should be available soon. It should be fun. Wonder if it'll be the American team or others. I look forward to it greatly.

James

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
I am very excited, and most definetely going to attend! Maybe even a few times!

Wouldnt it be great to get a group together to go up?

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
I am hoping to come to Edinburgh too, I wonder if Brian Henson will be in the UK shows?

anathema

Reaction score
It was good fun :smile: Quite a large team of performers, led by Brian Henson.

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
That was quick! Yes, cast including Brian are

Julianne Buescher
Brian Henson
Drew Massey
Paul Rugg
Alan Trautman
Victor Yerrid

Got my tickets for next week, I look forward to it!

Lynnette

Reaction score
Adult version in Edinburgh

So...who's going, who's gone, and what about the details of the event that we would love to hear so much about?!

Since it's improv, I'm sure those of you lucky enough to go will even have details to compare with each other, depending on the show attended.

I'm looking forward to an update. It is your solemn duty to your fellow members here at Muppet Central!

Did anyone else but me hear Craig Ferguson specifically mention Brian Henson was doing this adult show at the Edinburgh event? It was Thursday night. He made some jokes about he likes to watch "dirty puppets".

Oh, and have tons of fun for those of you going!
-Lynnette

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
I saw the Adult show on Tuesday and Friday and the Kids show on Friday. Thoroughly enjoyed myself at all three shows, will post a fuller review soon as am rather short of time...

If you get the chance to go to Edinburgh please do, it's an entertaining show and there's plenty of other relly good shows worth seeing, including the enchanting Mummenschanz.

J

ps How talented is Julianne Buescher?!

stuartpstuart

Reaction score
Meeting Brian

I was at the show on Friday night. I went down to Edinburgh especially for the gig. It was great fun.

Some of the sketches were a bit hit and miss, but that's improv for you.

At one point the two pupeteers had to get from the word "drip" to the word "anus" by changing a letter in the word in each sentence. They had a nightmare of a time, but it was very funny.

The highlight for me though was getting to meet Brian Henson. I bumped into him outside the venue the following day. He was a really nice guy and I got my photo taken with him.

Stuart