The RHLC!

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
That's really interesting, Wanda - I'll have to check that out next time I have a listen to that.

Wow...really sounds like you're up to your neck in work and everything, Nekoshema - you have my utmost sympathies.

I was up on Cape Cod for the weekend - had lots of fun, did a lot of biking and stuff, and some whale-watching. We also passed near where Richard and his family keep their summer place, so we made sure to wave. :wink:

Skye

Reaction score
That is awesome, Erin! Sounds like a very fun trip and it's always nice to be able to throw some extra Richard-y goodness in there. :wink:

I hope everyone is doing wonderfully. And Nekoshema, I also am really sorry to hear about all you've got on your plate. I hope everything works out well!

Wanda, that is really awesome. I've never heard that song before. I'll definitely have to try and listen to it some time now!

So, I'm totally late to the game, but I finally was able to buy Fraggle Rock's final season a couple weeks ago. And a few days ago, I finally got a chance to see Wembley's Flight and Gone, But Not Forgotten. Those are truly incredible episodes and Gone, But Not Forgotten was even more heart-breaking than I expected. I also just have to mention The River of Life, too. I was blown away because I ended up skipping the episode in between at first and watching The River of Life and Gone, But Not Forgotten back-to-back. So amazing and so meaningful. Absolutely left me speechless. And Wembley's Flight was just fun, lol... I've always been in love with "Free and High."

Along the lines of Richard and Steve's charaters interacting, I loved their interactions in The Gorg Who Would Be King, also! I wasn't expecting that at all, and it was a great added bonus to see them get to work together again like that.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Hi Caroline. That's great to hear about your accomplishment getting the Fraggle Rock DVDs to complete your set. :excited:

I'm looking forward to watching Fraggle Rock with Michelle one day. Watching anything that's Henson related for that matter. Also Disney material. :big_grin:

One day I'll meet her and get to hug her in person. If you ever visit this thread Sweetie I love you so much. :flirt:

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
Hey Guys n' Gals! Haven't posted here for a while.

Just thought I'd post an articile from The Muppet Mindset today on Richard's life and career

But also, not to bring it down, but I'm a little confused, worried and concerned about the last line that reads "This post is dedicated to the memory of Richard Hunt, as well as his mother, Jane Hunt."
Has Jane Hunt passed away? :concern: I hope this isn't the case, I assume it would've been posted on the Muppet fansites but just wondering if anyone knows?

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I just checked the Muppet Wiki Fletchy.

There is no mention on the page about her there of a date of death. If she were truly no longer with us, I say surely the information would have been updated accordingly.

I think the post on Muppet Mindset probably means it's also dedicated to Jane herself as Richard's mother. Not her memory also, though admittedly the way it's put certainly can make it look like she has died too.

Anyway great to see ya here Fletchy. :smile:

Nekoshema

Reaction score
perhaps they saw the confusion fletchy, cuz they added 'Jane Hunt, who is still alive today to carry on Richards legacy.' it was a really good article, made me smile on this rainy cold work day. sadly i cannot quit tomorrow as originally planned because i don't have another job lined up [but it's getting harder not to yell 'your face' and walk out :mad:]

lol, oh well, i'm working on completing a couple stories and hopefully getting published within the year [birth year i mean, i've got till late august] if that happens i'll quit as a celebration gift :wink: [may not make a lot but at least i can stop working their] so at the moment i'm looking for publishing companies and once i fix up a story i'll e calling and setting up appointments and the like. my mom's a bit of a worry wart telling me they might reject the book but actually steel it and publish it themselves.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Whew...glad to see Jane is still alive and kicking. She's a very spirited lady - then, too, when you're the mum of five kids, one of whom grew up to be Richard, you'd have to be. God bless her and all the Hunts, and grant them good health and high spirits.

What kind of stories are you writing, Neko?

Nekoshema

Reaction score
Whew...glad to see Jane is still alive and kicking. She's a very spirited lady - then, too, when you're the mum of five kids, one of whom grew up to be Richard, you'd have to be. God bless her and all the Hunts, and grant them good health and high spirits.

What kind of stories are you writing, Neko?
lol, true, when i first heard the muppet podcast dedicated to Richard and they had Jane as a guest, i was especting someone a spirited funny person, perhaps not as zany as Richard, but then again who could be? :wink:

i dabble in a bit of everything. i just finished off a crime drama novella i'm sending to a couple friends to give me their critique then i'll fix it up and try getting it published. but most publishers today don't read unsolicited manuscripts or works by unpublished authors so i'm also trying to get my poems and short stories published in a couple literary magazines. i think i specialize in silliness to be honest. :big_grin: i had a friend who use to critique my work and she found humour in things i wrote seriously, just my luck, not a bad thing either :wink:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I know - it just seems these days that it's really hard to get a book published, unless you're some big-time celeb. But the crime drama novella sounds cool, since I love mysteries.

I helped get a literary magazine started up when I was in high school (the school had one off and on over the years but they never seemed to last), and I wrote for my college's literary journal. It's interesting - I submitted three poems to the journal one year, two cynical and one sad. I was expecting that one of the two cynical ones would get printed, since I love writing cynical poems - instead, they picked the sad one.