Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

Al Hempker

Reaction score
The Golden AN skit almost made me cry (with laughter that is). Lefty's one of my all time favorite characters

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Thanks for the link!:smile: I remember seeing many of these sketches and songs when I was a kid! So many good memories!
Like the sound effects of the R being hauled up the building, the ball on the track, and the small,ball,tall,wall skit.
Oh Yeah!!! Awesome!
:big_grin:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah, I want to look through that again. I did look at the Barkley closing and the Big Bird appearance on the Today show, but I missed a lot of other good stuff. I'd really like to see that original Elmo. Though it's too bad he doesn't say anything in that one.

Something that I noticed though. The Barkley closing credits David L. Smryl as Mr. Hanford. I didn't think he was on the show until after they changed the credits. That's something I might want to look into.

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
Yeah, David L. Smyrl joined the show in 1990, and they did away with The Barkley and the Kids Closing Credits in 1992, and switched to the animated ones. It was kind of surprizing seeing Uncle Wally and Savion's names both on there, I had forgotten that they were even on the show together for a brief time. Daffyfan, do you happen to remember that episode that was shown? I was watching the show religiously in those days, but I never saw that particular episode.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
O.K. I guess imdb.com gave some erroneous information about Northern Calloway being on the show until 1992, meaning the second actor to play Mr. Hanford wouldn't have been on the show until later than that, but I get it now.

In answer to your question, no, I don't remember the ep with Oscar and that lady teaching the kids an African lullaby. I would like to see more clips of that one. But overall it was good to see the Barkley closing again. It sort of reminds me of my dog.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
well I has my dad look at downloading in order to play the clip. No luck. wish they would make these things difficult to do.

Frogster

Reaction score
I remember the "Herry's Muscles" with Kermit. That's one of my faves. I wish there were more famous Ernie and Bert sketches, though.

Andrew T

Reaction score
Thanks for the clips! It's nice being able to see the classic Barkley credits sequence I remember for the first time in 13 years.

Another clip I recognize from watching Sesame Street back in the day is the live-action segment on how cheese is made. I remember the vats and presses, as well as the final scene of tasting the finished product. :smile:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Wow. I looked on YouTube a few weeks ago for SS, but I there certainly weren't THIS many! I've watched a handful now. I particularily enjoyed the Fat, Cat, Sat song. Thanks for posting this!

LabyrinthFan

Reaction score
Thank you to the folks who uploaded all of these! I am so excited to see these again. "The Golden An," "Fat Cat Sat," etc etc ad nauseum. What a great way to spend my Sunday night.