Ask Ken at Palisades

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
I'm not sure what photo-etch is. Can you explain it briefly in layman's terms? If it's too complicated, don't worry about it...
Just to speculate, but I think it's a computer application that will add the texture to a mold? kinda like adding texture to a picture in photoshop....

Similar but not quite. It is an applied texture pattern, but it is still done by hand in many cases and not by computer. Think of it as Spyrograph but in 3-dimensions.

I have quick question about your Resaurus Days, did you work on the Speed Rider, Jeff Smith's Bone, or Street Fighter line?

Funny that this question was on this board today because I was talking to Jay, one of my former co-workers there who now has PlanB, about the nature of teamwork and those days way back when. I did not manage any of those lines, but I worked on them all. We really had a team environment and so even the lines I managed we ALL participated in a lot. Speed Racer was managed by Chris Borman and Bone and Street Fighter were managed by Steve Hamaker. I did some design, art direction, prototype stuff and all that on their lines and they on mine but we ALL sort of worked together at every stage. It was actually pretty unique.

I managed the more cartoony stuff...Sonic, Crash, Gex and some other stuff that was canceled like Badlands. I did get to do a few of the designs on Speed and the Street Fighter Junior stuff. I could write a book about those days.

Ken, will you please sell extra microphones (like the one that comes with Fozzie) on the site so we can have 'em for the whole band?

It's a fantastic idea...I'll see what I can do. Don't expect that to happen overnight as we will have to get the tools to another factory and probably shoot the plastic with another series so it could be months away but I will absolutely look into it. Any other accessories besided the bases you would want to be able to buy more of?

I just wanted to say that I really hope that the basketball hoop and chicken do become available for the Chef's kitchen. When the first pics were released of the kitchen, as cool as they were, all my husband could say was "where's the basketball hoop and the chicken?". I hope you find a way of putting these out one day, it would make us very happy.

None of us like it either, but as they say...Sheet Happens. The chicken and hoop are in the back of our minds though...maybe someday.

Plus, I hope there is a "Booster pack" on the drawing board. I'd love to see more chickens.

There is, but it could be a year away minimum. But we are kicking around ideas.

Walker Boh

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
It's a fantastic idea...I'll see what I can do. Don't expect that to happen overnight as we will have to get the tools to another factory and probably shoot the plastic with another series so it could be months away but I will absolutely look into it. Any other accessories besided the bases you would want to be able to buy more of?
Wow, that'd be great. You rock! :big_grin: To be honest, I was half expecting a response to the effect that it wouldn't be financially possible to do it unless lots and lots of people would buy them.

In terms of the other accessories, I can't think of anything else I'd want multiple copies of at the moment. Almost everything is so closely tied to each character that it wouldn't make much sense to give an extra one to somebody else. Besides, you're packing so many goodies into each one that the poor Muppets can barely hold and wear everything as it is! :smile:

Though, to combine two different discussions from your last post, if it isn't financially feasible to do a booster pack with a variety of slightly different chickens for a while, maybe you could make some extra Camillas when Series 5 is being produced. Yeah, they'd all look exactly the same, but I'd guess that many around here would still be interested in them and would view it as better than nothing.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Here are a few quick questions which Ken can hopefully answer.
1 Will all three Pigs In Space crew members have textured skins like the rest of the Muppet figures? Though I may be in the minority, I actually like the Series 1 Miss Piggy figure with non-textured or smooth skin.
2 As for the Dancing Cheese included with Rizzo, will it be designed in the fashion of the Dancing Cheeses from The Muppet Show or the ones from Muppets Tonight? Will it be a male or female Dancing Cheese? The reason I ask is because we might be getting one of the members of the Dancing Cheeses troop or Yolanda, Gonzo's Dancing Cheese from TMS, and I'd like to be sure which one of the two it is.

Thanks for the laughs along the way to Series 2 Ken, as the hunt begins upon Thanksgiving preparations, the Count.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
1 Will all three Pigs In Space crew members have textured skins like the rest of the Muppet figures? Though I may be in the minority, I actually like the Series 1 Miss Piggy figure with non-textured or smooth skin.

Link and Julius will have the same deeper texture. Piggy will have a very light texture, but some texture for sure.

2 As for the Dancing Cheese included with Rizzo, will it be designed in the fashion of the Dancing Cheeses from The Muppet Show or the ones from Muppets Tonight? Will it be a male or female Dancing Cheese? The reason I ask is because we might be getting one of the members of the Dancing Cheeses troop or Yolanda, Gonzo's Dancing Cheese from TMS, and I'd like to be sure which one of the two it is.

No Dancing Cheese. Could never get decent reference for it. So we went with something else.

Thanks for the laughs along the way to Series 2 Ken

The laughs? You been looking at pics of the top of my head or something?:big_grin:

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
No Dancing Cheese. Could never get decent reference for it. So we went with something else.
What "somthing else" is that?

BigSPEEGS

Reaction score
The laughs? You been looking at pics of the top of my head or something?:big_grin:

I have a really mean joke that I could put just there...

...but I won't. You've worked too damn hard. :cool:

-SPEEGS

BigSPEEGS

Reaction score
If I told ya...I'd have to kill ya...

That's OK, you can tell me, and I'll kill 'im for you. :stick_out_tongue: :wink: :big_grin:

I kid, I kid.

-SPEEGS

grail

Reaction score
personally, i'd love to have a few extra tv cameras like the one Kermit came with. they're great for pretending you're filming a new episode, and i'm kicking around the idea of making a few different "soundstage" diaramas to display my Muppets in. for that same reason, i'd love to have some extra strings of stage lights, like what's coming with the EM stage. stuff i can rig to make it look like a real sound stage, you know?

i'd also love to see extra pairs of the "groucho glasses" that fozzie comes with so i can try and recreate scenes from Great Muppet Caper.

which reminds me...is there ANY chance of a "Pizza Twins" 2-pack? Fozzie'd be almost a non-issue, you could take the Vacation Fozzie and give him a new piece for the shirt, and a new hat. Kermit would be a little more difficult, but when you pack them together and charge for 2, it should level out the price. so...any prayer?