The two girls, the tea set and the cat

Rosewood

Reaction score
"Learning about numbers".........

FreddyTheDragon said:
Does "Learning about Numbers" have the Count's rocket ship skit?
It doesn't have that skit, but it does have the one where he hires Ernie to answer the telephone, as well as the one where he becomes an elevator operator and can't get Kermit to the 7th floor because he's to busy counting.

Andy

Reaction score
That is a GREAT song! You know, that was always the great thing about this show. The original music never seemed to be dumbed down, unless Joe Raposo was in a particularly silly mood, and even then there were complexities in the silliness Thanks for letting us hear it again!

Xerus

Reaction score
That film kind of bothered me when I was a kid and it still does. The way those cats broke into the dolls' house and wrecked the place. And one of the dolls wakes up worried. I can imagine I'd feel bad if I woke up and found all my furniture and stuff knocked around like that. :frown:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I'm sure it put fear in the doll's heart, going to sleep and being woken up by the kitty cat's pitter-pats! And they sure trashed the place (kinda reminds me of one of my college fraternity houses after Homecoming Weekend!)
but even the girls managed to laugh at the kitty's antics.

But I can still see where it might bother you. Hopefully it doesn't bother you too much anymore:wink:

SesameMike

Reaction score
Mad tea party

I was actually upset by the scenes of wanton destruction of property in some of the early episodes (see my earlier post here) and I was a little shaken by the cats ransacking the doll house. But the girls were just giggling, so I figured it couldn't have been that bad.

Look carefully, and you'll notice that one of the felines is licking something from around one of the teacups. Was that the tea they were drinking, as the song implied?

One other thing: have you ever seen a doll house so large that a cat could enter via the windows, even if the cats were still just kittens? Must've been either camera tricks or skewed perspective for that stunt.

littleboy

Reaction score
Rosewood said:
It doesn't have that skit, but it does have the one where he hires Ernie to answer the telephone, as well as the one where he becomes an elevator operator and can't get Kermit to the 7th floor because he's to busy counting.
I have learning about numbers and it doesn't have the skip with ernie the operator or anything that you mentioned. Is this a new version you have? I think I have the video.