Stuffing an empty Puppet glove hand

TopperFraggle

Reaction score
I have a monster puppet who has two glove hands. I usually just play with my little girl with him, so one arm usually hangs useless. Worse than that, it frequently gets in the way. What's the best way to solve this? What I would like to do ideally is to come up with some way to pose the empty hand so that it looks natural, either hanging or up slightly with the elbow bent (the way Big Birds unused hand usually does). I can probably figure something out on my own but was wondering if anyone else has tackled this particular problem? Thanks in advance:smile:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I have several "dummy arms" for this, basically foam arms patterned to match the puppet's arm with a wire armature inside so they can be posed. I don't actually use them that much, but I have `em and they seem to work well.

gfarkwort

Reaction score
Or you could pin the other hand to the monster's stomach and get it out of the way that way.

Ryan

Reaction score
The Muppets use stuffed muslin gloves from the same patttern as the hand.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I have a combination for Rufus. A foam hand with an arm halfway to the elbow, then pinned to his upper belly. Looks natural.