Elmo Arrested in Los Angeles!

Labyrinth Fairy

Reaction score
I shall read the article, but from the looks of this thread, that is hilarous! ahaha

superfan

Reaction score
Bwwa hahahahaha!
okay would Elmo wear a tshirt with his picture on it? Hee hee. And Oh, Mr. Incredible...wow. yikes.
Their parents would be proud.

BEAR

Reaction score
anythingmuppet said:
TA cursed? I didnt curse.. I just put asterisks there for comedic affect..sorry if it offended anyone...

I usually add a simple *HONK* in its place as if a Honker is bleeping it out.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
*laughing out loud* Oh, that's good, that's really funny! Elmo finally got his just desserts, oh that's great!

But yeah I agree with Speed Tracer, if I were gonna commit a crime punishable by law, I'd wear an Elmo costume too...-

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
YES!!! This is awsome! Hopefully they'll give him like 3 years in prison, then he can't be on Sesame Street anymore and all our old classic favorites like Dr. Nobel Price, Biff, Roosevelt Franklin, and Harvey Kneeslapper will return!!!

Oh wait............

It was just a man in an Elmo Costume?

Oh well a little wishful thinking never hurt anybody.:stick_out_tongue:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9813043/
MSNBC.com

For Hollywood Elmo, ‘H’ is for handcuffs
Mr. Incredible, ‘Scream’ impersonators also charged with harassment

The Associated Press
Updated: 9:27 a.m. ET Oct. 25, 2005

LOS ANGELES - The red and cuddly Sesame Street Muppet Elmo has learned a new lesson: ‘H’ is for handcuffs.

A man dressed as the character was one of three impersonators arrested last week for allegedly harassing tourists for tips after posing for photos on Hollywood Boulevard. Booked with him were people impersonating superhero Mr. Incredible and the dark-hooded character from the horror movie “Scream.”

The impersonators said they were taken into custody at gunpoint, handcuffed and paraded on the Hollywood Walk of Fame before stunned tourists and other impersonators. They were charged with misdemeanor “aggressive begging,” police said.

“With all of the crime in Los Angeles they pick on us?” said Elmo impersonator Donn Harper, 45, who makes up to $400 a day in tips.

Complaints of harassment
Tourists have complained that the costumed characters harass them for not tipping after posing for photos in front of Grauman’s Chinese Theater and the Kodak Theater. Merchants say some of the costumed characters are scaring tourists.

Los Angeles Police Officer Michael Shea said police warned impersonators at a meeting last month that the department would start enforcing solicitation and harassment laws. Officers conducted a sting operation by posing as French tourists who didn’t understand English or the American tipping culture.

“Make no mistake about it — I wanted the characters to know what we’re doing,” Shea said.

© 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
© 2005 MSNBC.com

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9813043/

Lynnette

Reaction score
Loses something without the photo to go along with it. Elmo's head sitting on a police car hood. Ha!

Camellia

Reaction score
Wow! Pretty silly. :smile: I guess that's Hollywood for ya!

Thanks for posting the funny link!