Kermit tours NASA at Houston

akafozzie

Reaction score
I just have to share this news with people who will appreciate this. I got to see Kermit today at Space Center Houston. It has been my life long dream to meet the Muppets. I never in a million years expected it to happen, but today it did! Kermit is touring for his 50th and started in Kermit Texas so he stopped by the Space Center for a little Meet and Greet. Anyways, just wanted to share my excitement!
akafozzie :smile:

Lynnette

Reaction score
I posted the following on the other thread about the Kermit tour but thought I'd share it here too since you got to see Kermit in Houston and I didn't!:

Dang it, dang it! I'm in Houston and just found out that Kermit was at Space Center Houston (NASA) Saturday after his trip to Kermit, Texas.

There is very little detailed publicity that I have been able to find about these travels, especially considering this is supposed to be some big Disney re-launch for the Muppets (per press releases). Even knowing that this was happening in October, it's hard to find info. I haven't seen anything on muppets.com but an announcement to follow Kermit's travels. I think the info on where these stops will be are so vague because they don't even know all the places they are going yet!

I saw news footage and info by google-ing kermit the frog texas (including 2 partial videos in Kermit, TX - an interview with Kermit and his greetings at a podium in town). In the interview, Kermit even said he didn't know all of the 50 stops he was making but that he was going to NASA in Houston next. So, I go to www.spacecenter.org and Kermit was one-day-only, Saturday, and I just missed it!!!!!

I'm so sad (<---see?)

Did anyone get to go? Please, please, let's hear the news!

-Lynnette

akafozzie

Reaction score
It was really not advertised well. We were lucky to come across the info. It was a lot of fun to see him. We got to take our picture with Kermit with our own camera so it was nice! I never thought in a million years that I would be sitting next to my hero!
It was awsone! akafozzie :smile:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
doctort13 said:
Has anyone found a complete list of where Kermit will be on this tour?
There is not one. Not all 50 stops or dates have been planned or locked-in yet. We're trying to keep track of the stops as the are announced - the known ones are posted here. We should catch them all before they happen, but an exact tour list and dates does not exist...at least not at this point. The Muppet Holding Company will still be working on the tour as the year and the tour goes on.

akafozzie

Reaction score
Can you post pictures here? If you can how do you do it? Sorry for the ignorance!
It wasnt advertised at all here. My husband happened to work with someone who gets the space center newsletter and knows that I am a huge muppet fan so...
It wasnt too crowded at all!
Anyways, let me know how to post the pictures and I will do it!
Take care, akafozzie