Rowlf Puppet

Ryan

Reaction score
I did a similar puppet with the same design a while back, Murky the swamp creature
I used the same exact idea. It works really well, especially when you add foam. I've never heard of anyone putting two fingers in anything except the pinky, though. I guess that's preference.

Ryan

Reaction score
Also, sculpted foam for the head would probably work well. I don't think there's a seam down the middle of Rowlf's face, though, so that may be a little bit of a challenge.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Rowlf is actually a fairly simple design. It shouldn't be too hard to make. I'd suggest finding several pictures of him and making your pattern right from that. That's what I usually do when I make my puppets.

Melonpool

Reaction score
You know, there is a preliminary sketch of Rowlf in Jim Henson: The Works on pages 32-33. The reason I mention it, is that it gives dimensions (8 1/2 inches to the neck, 12 inches from shoulder-to-shoulder. I don;t know how accurate those are, but it might be a good place to start.

Steve

Whatever

Reaction score
The puppets that people made in this thread are awesome!

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Ryan said:
I did a similar puppet with the same design a while back, Murky the swamp creature
I've never heard of anyone putting two fingers in anything except the pinky, though. I guess that's preference.
Whoa man, Murky and Rufus could be cousins! :big_grin:

I was watching MTM with my nephews the other day, and I did notice that Jerry had his ring and left fingers in Lews' pinky finger. It probably is preference, I just never heard of it!:crazy:
Whatever said:
The puppets that people made in this thread are awesome!
Thanks!
rtgentry said:
Hey all,

I have found a neat looking material that walmart sells as throws and pillows. It is called mongolian fur. Would this be good?
Looks pretty good to me, and I know what you were saying about those pillows they carry too, I'd been thinking the same thing!

:smile:
Anthony

doctort13

Reaction score
Me love this thread!

My daughter is a Cookie Monster fan, and I have been thinking of making a Cookie puppet to entertain her with. The toy puppet that a friend gave us at her birth is in need of a break...she bites it!

So thanks for posting the pattern, I'll be sure to take a picture when (ever) I build the puppet.

I love seeing everyones puppets too!:smile:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
So rtgentry, are you still working on your Rowlf puppet? Better yet, are you done and can we see some pics?

Hee-hee, really love lookin' at other peoples' puppets. Doctort13, can't wait to see your puppet too!

:big_grin: